Monroe County Pork Steaks with Spicy Vinegar Dip

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

BrianGSDTexoma

Smoking Guru
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Aug 1, 2018
North Texas, Texoma
When I seen that thread get resurrected the other day I knew it had to be done. I brine the steaks for 24 hr. Gave a good rinse and soak and let air dry for the day. These where very good! Plated with some German potato and grilled corn.

IMG_20240518_173358213_HDR.jpg IMG_20240518_173537594.jpg

IMG_20240518_175559819.jpg IMG_20240518_181410704.jpg

IMG_20240518_182512604.jpg

IMG_20240518_183115886.jpg

Looks good Brian . I wrote that vinegar dip down the other day when I got bumped . Might mix it up today .
Good lookin' plate from my view .

Reactions: DRKsmoking
Man that looks good. Those are some great looking steaks from the start. Hard to find good ones here as its food lion / wally world for the most part. Multi-pak can't see what you're getting guessing games. It's like they just toss random pieces in, then put one with the most eye appeal on top. Guess I could buy a butt and slice my own.

Man that looks good. Those are some great looking steaks from the start. Hard to find good ones here as its food lion / wally world for the most part. Multi-pak can't see what you're getting guessing games. It's like they just toss random pieces in, then put one with the most eye appeal on top. Guess I could buy a butt and slice my own.
I get mine from Sam's. They always good.

Hard to find good ones here as its food lion / wally world for the most part. Multi-pak can't see what you're getting guessing games. It's like they just toss random pieces in, then put one with the most eye appeal on top. Guess I could buy a butt and slice my own.
Next time you're in the store look at the label .
" Pork butt cut into steaks " will be what you described . A couple better bone in steaks , then the thinner boneless end sliced . Can be some fatty ragged pieces in there .

" Pork steaks , center " cut will be larger bone in steaks like what Brian has .

Looks good Brian.

Point for sure
Chris

Next time you're in the store look at the label .
" Pork butt cut into steaks " will be what you described . A couple better bone in steaks , then the thinner boneless end sliced . Can be some fatty ragged pieces in there .

" Pork steaks , center " cut will be larger bone in steaks like what Brian has .
I'll keep my eyes peeled. Thanks for the info!

Reactions: chopsaw
BrianGSDTexoma BrianGSDTexoma im gonna post here since you to blame for this!
Saw your post and had to have some pork steaks. Bryce is at my folks for a few days so I’m empty nesting. Ran by Kroger for pork steaks. All they had was family packs and I saw these…
IMG_1731.jpeg

figure $5 bucks each what’s to lose.
IMG_1732.jpeg

Right out of the package seasoned up pretty good. Smelled good.
kettled with a hunk of post oat. Took to a 170 degrees. Seared and then had some vinegar based mustard sauce. Let that set.
IMG_1733.jpeg

Rested while I popped open a can of German potato salad (a first for me) and some field peas with peppers.
IMG_1734.jpeg

Plated up. Was darn good! And I got enough for dinner tomorrow.
Hijacking your post since you enabled me on this!
Jim

Looks good Brian . I wrote that vinegar dip down the other day when I got bumped . Might mix it up today .
Good lookin' plate from my view .
Thanks Rich. You won't regret it!
Nothing wrong with that meal right there Brian.

It is on my list to try as , we love pork steak and chops

David
Thanks David
Thats a great looking pork steak! And that plate is perfect!

Jim
Thanks Jim
Looks awesome!
Thanks Bill

Thanks. Not sure if you have a Sams but they been running a deal for $14 membership.
Looks awesome! I also marked that post for a future cook. I'm flush with pulled pork and steaks right now. Maybe next week
Thanks Jeff. I cook them a little on the rare side since I will be reheating most of it and I kind of like it that way.
I'm doing some too Brian and hope they turn out as good as yours!

Keith
Thanks Kieth. Sure they will.
Oh damn Brian that looks so good!! Vinegar dip sounds Awesome!
Thanks Sean

Thanks. Not sure if you have a Sams but they been running a deal for $14 membership.

Thanks Jeff. I cook them a little on the rare side since I will be reheating most of it and I kind of like it that way.

Thanks Kieth. Sure they will.

Thanks Sean
We do, but I'm a Costco member. Originally I joined to reduce costs on dog medications. Costco pharmacy beat the vet by almost 40% on some of the last doggos meds. He's my avatar pic. That and if I recall, Sam's never had pork bellies but Costco did. If it's $14 I'll give it a look. Thanks for the tip!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky