First smoked Leg of Lamb for Easter

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Redicans

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Jun 23, 2023
Hawaii
First time I ever smoked a leg of lamb. Did two. One for us and one for a friend and his family. Also a couple of racks of lamb for another friend. It is definitely a favorite for sure. Came out amazing!! Smoked till 135 IT then rested a bit then seared over a hot fire for a few minutes. I served mine up with some cast iron roasted red potatoes and carrots. Also with some really good mint jelly. It was a great day and multiple families are super happy tonight!! 😉 That was a total comfort food meal for me.

Mom used to make a leg of lamb every year for Easter growing up and it has been some years since I have had it and it brought back some great memories and hit the spot for sure!!

IMG_5474.jpeg
IMG_5476.jpeg
IMG_5477.jpeg
IMG_5478.jpeg
IMG_5479.jpeg
IMG_5481.jpeg
IMG_5482.jpeg
?hash=3ad1fa906455501ca76ae7f97fec91fa.jpg
IMG_5484.jpeg
IMG_5485.jpeg
IMG_5486.jpeg
IMG_5487.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_5483.jpeg
    IMG_5483.jpeg
    207.3 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_5478.jpeg
    IMG_5478.jpeg
    186.1 KB · Views: 4
Man, looks great. Ya'll got me wanting to cook some lamb now lol. Nice job 👍
Thanks JL! Must say I am very happy how it turned out! Very tender and juicy and not too fatty tasting. Very nice cut of meat. Friends were very happy with theirs also so that makes me even more content!!

Looks incredibly delicious. Very nice work and Happy Easter.
Thanks Smokin, Happy Easter!! It was delicious and for my first time smoking lamb I am very happy how it all came out!! Got some great info from here which made me comfortable going in to it.

Looks great! Ton of folks enabling me to try out some lamb with the posts! And that CI of veggies....I could eat them by them selves!

Jim

Reactions: Redicans
Your lamb looks delicious, well the whole meal does actually! Nice job!

Ryan

Damn.... I LOVE lamb but haven't tried cooking it myself yet. Maybe it's because I didn't grow up with it at the house. It was always something I left to the pros at restaurants.

I need to change that.

Damn.... I LOVE lamb but haven't tried cooking it myself yet. Maybe it's because I didn't grow up with it at the house. It was always something I left to the pros at restaurants.

I need to change that.
FC you should give it a try. First for me on the Leg. I have done grilled lamb chops and those are quick and easy. Smoking the leg was new for me and am Happy I tried it. Some great info here. I searched a few recipes and it definitely gave me the Ideas I needed to try it!

Great looking chow, and congrats on the carousel ride! I did zero cooking on Easter. Went to a friends house and he did lamb on the grill..

Now that is some Baaaa'd To The Bone looking Lamb!
I mean, "WOW!"
Great job nailing those cuts of meat.
Thanks chilerelleno chilerelleno , It was a bone in leg and I had never done before so I just sliced parallel to the bone. My slicing knife is one of the best cheap purchases I have made recently, works like a charm!!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky