when will gouda melt?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

neilatx

Original poster
Dec 10, 2017
So I saw a picture someone posted a while back but I can't find it now and I don't remember it having any instructions anyway, but it was a wheel of cheese with bacon weaved around it and when they cut the cheese inside was perfectly melted. I want to try this and have picked up wheel of gouda but it seems that the cheese would be a puddle rather than nice and gooey long before the bacon is finished cooking. Any one have any experience with similar recipes.

Gouda melts around 150 degrees F. Can't find the post but I would start with a cold bacon wrapped cheese. Bake at 400-425. The bacon will cook quickly as the fairly dense cheese warms to 160 and get gooey...JJ

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky