What's the best thing to add to a crawfish boil?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
What everyone else said and add artichokes to that.  When done you just peel a leaf from the whole piece, pop it in your mouth and pull out the meat of the artichoke much like you do with the the crawfish tail where you pop/pull/suck the meat out of the tail into the mouth when you eat them.

Reactions: gr0uch0
Lemons, red potatoes, corn on the cob, whole fresh green beans, a couple heads of garlic, fresh crabs, fresh shrimp, whole okra, chicken legs, and after all that is cooked and out of the pot, add any link sausage you like.    

All good stuff above, Dang wish I thought off Artichokes, we love 'em. I like to add Carrots and Boudin too...JJ

Last edited:
Geez everyone knows the best thing to add to crawfish boil is, Crawfish!!!!

Course shrimp, taters, sausage, corn on the cob, carrots, cabbage, celery are also good options!

Reactions: actech
The artichokes are awesome this way and squeeze right out!

Oh, and get out of the way of your guests. For many people the pure joy of a crawfish boil is enhanced by the addition of various vegetables and meats to the pot. The usual additions are whole button mushrooms, smoked sausage, small potatoes, onions, and carrots, corn on the cob and whole cloves of garlic

I like to add frozen water bottles once it is all cooked to stop the cooking so that everything can continue to soak up the seasoning. Let it soak for maybe 30 minutes and enjoy.

Reactions: tktplz
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky