Turkey/Broccoli Braid

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

GaryHibbert

Epic Pitmaster
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Yesterday, Miss Linda made her Turkey/Broccoli Braid.  
sausage.gif

It’s an easy recipe to make and a delicious way to use up any turkey left over after a holiday feed.

Ingredients

2 cups chopped cooked turkey (or chicken)

1 cup chopped raw broccoli

½ cup chopped red bell pepper

1 garlic clove pressed  (or to taste)

1 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese                

½ cup mayonnaise

1 tsp dried dill weed (or to taste)

¼ tsp salt

2 pkgs (rolls) refrigerated crescent rolls

1 egg white, lightly beaten

2 TBSP slivered almonds (or as much as you want)

Directions

-Preheat oven to 375* F

-Mix all ingredients and taste test the mixture.  Since we love  garlic and spices, Miss Linda used 4 cloves of garlic and 1 TBSP of dill.

-Unroll one package of crescent roll dough and lay it out on a cookie sheet, with the longest side crossway on the sheet.  Seal up all perforations.  Put the second package of dough on top and repeat.

-On the longest side of the sheet, cut dough into strips 1½ inches wide by 3 inches long—that will leave 6 inches in the middle for the filling.

-After spreading on the filling, fold each strip over toward the center and twist together once to form the braid.

-Brush egg white over the dough and sprinkle with almond slivers.

-Bake 25 to 28 minutes or until it is a deep golden brown.

-Serve hot

Now, they said this feeds 10, but if it does, they must invite people with no appetite—the two of us ate more than 1/3 of the braid for supper.   
36.gif

This gives you a better idea of what the braid looks like.

The really nice thing about this recipe is that after mixing all the ingredients together, you can do a taste test and adjust any and all of the ingredients to your satisfaction.

Miss Linda usually makes the filling in the morning and then puts it in the fridge until supper time.  This gives all the flavors time to get to know each other better.

Thanks for looking

Gary

Gary Thank you and Ms. Linda for the recipe I will be trying this buddy points

Richie

Great recipe!!

Thank Miss Linda for posting it!

I owe you a point, I'm over my limit!

Going to try this out soon!!

Al

Great looking supper. But seriously, feeds 10 what...5 year olds that hate Broccoli ???...JJ

Was going to do this today,Gary are the cresent rolls in a tube? The ones I bought were small so I made them for breakfast, going to use puff pastry to do the dinner

Richie

Just saw this & I have to say that thing looks mighty good!  :32:   Thanks for the recipe - I shall try this sometime soon  :beercheer:
[/quote]

Thank you. Hope you enjoy it--I know I sure do.

Gary

Last edited:
Was going to do this today,Gary are the cresent rolls in a tube? The ones I bought were small so I made them for breakfast, going to use puff pastry to do the dinner
Richie

Hey Richie.
Sorry it took so long to reply--for some reason I wasn't alerted about your post.
Yep. They come in a roll. Miss Linda just finished work and is having a nap. Soon as she wakes up I'll get some more info and let you know

Gary

Hey Richie.
Sorry it took so long to reply--for some reason I wasn't alerted about your post.
Yep. They come in a roll. Miss Linda just finished work and is having a nap. Soon as she wakes up I'll get some more info and let you know

Gary
I may have picked up the wrong ones,puff pastry saved the day Thanks 

Richie

Tasted real good I should have put more cheese
Richie
[/quote]

That looks real good, Richie.

I asked Miss Linda about the crescent rolls and she said yes they come in a tube. As for then being too small, you just ignore all the perforations and roll them flat into one big sheet (hope that makes sense).

When I told Miss Linda that you had used puff pastry, she thought it was a fantastic idea--it would add a whole new dimension to it!!

POINTS from Miss Linda for a GREAT substitution!!!!!

Gary

Tasted real good I should have put more cheese
Richie

That looks real good, Richie.

I asked Miss Linda about the crescent rolls and she said yes they come in a tube. As for then being too small, you just ignore all the perforations and roll them flat into one big sheet (hope that makes sense).

When I told Miss Linda that you had used puff pastry, she thought it was a fantastic idea--it would add a whole new dimension to it!!

POINTS from Miss Linda for a GREAT substitution!!!!!

Gary[/quote]
Gary tell Miss Linda Thank you for the points I appreciate it and the nice comment

Richie 

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky