Top Sirloin Jerky!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Rafter H BBQ

Epic Pitmaster
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Jun 18, 2013
S.E. Idaho
Hey all, had a thick top sirloin steak in the freezer & wanted to make some jerky! I was wanting to try a new recipe & run into CrazyMoon's recipe (post #3) in this thread! It looked like a tasty recipe so we give it a go. I had to modify the amounts of the spices & cure due to making a one pound batch!

http://smokingmeatforums.com/index.php?threads/two-pounds-of-good-munchies.215715/

Got it trimmed up, made up the jerky marinade & give it a spin for bout 20 minutes in the tumbler to make sure it was mixed up well.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

After the spin, put in the fridge for a day. Skewered em up to hang in the smoker.

Fired up the MES at 120* for bout an hour with no smoke, then lit up the AMNPS with Apple dust bumping the temp up to 130*

image.jpeg

Sorry, not the best pic...
Be back in a while with finished pics.

Reactions: zippy12
Wow!! Top sirloin jerky. You must have won the lottery, Justin.
I'm in for this one.
Gary

Haha, no Gary I couldn't win the lottery if I tried! We just have to use some stuff up out of the freezer before it gets freezer burnt! Figured jerky is always a go to smoke!

Justin, I'm glad you liked the recipe,your jerky looks excellent ! I just tweaked a recipe from Eldon Cutlips book so I take no credit !

Justin, I'm glad you liked the recipe,your jerky looks excellent ! I just tweaked a recipe from Eldon Cutlips book so I take no credit !

Thanks CM! Ok, well for what it's worth I really like the flavor of the tweaked recipe. Real tasty stuff! Appreciate the point too!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Clicky