The Forum is Getting an Upgrade! Migration NOW in progress September 25th and 26th

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Thanks Jeff for the heads up and for the improvements to an already great site. I am a real goofus when it comes to computers, so I hope the new forum is user friendly or has very dumbed down instructions. I am already full of questions, but don't have the knowledge to be able to ask them.

Thanks for everything that you do for us. It is really appreciated. Thumbs Up

Just a reminder that the forum will go down at approximately 12 PM CST today and will remain down for up to 2 hours.. possibly less. When the forum comes back up it will be in read-only mode for 24 hours or more while the last 10 years or so of forum data is migrated over to Xenforo and all of the adjustments are being made on the back end.

It's quite an extensive undertaking but it's in great hands so I don't expect any problems beyond normal stuff.

We may have a forum open for posting so you guys won't go too crazy but whatever is posted there will be temporary and will not be saved once the forum goes live and out of read-only mode.

I will update further if I get anything new. Otherwise, see you on the other side
icon_wink.gif

Bumping one last time for the new folks who possibly missed the announcement..

Just received word that the website may not go down today if all goes well.. if it does only for a few minutes at a time. They were able to do some pre-migration work yesterday that prevents most of today's scheduled downtime.

That's good news.

Lots of things are happening in the background as we speak and the new site will go live tomorrow around noon with about an hour of downtime (read-only mode) for the final adjustments and to finalize the migration.

I will continue to update this thread as I get word from the migration team. Feel free to ask questions or comment as we go along.

Jeff I am sure you have the top in the field doing what you want Thank You

Richie

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky