The Forum is Getting an Upgrade! Migration NOW in progress September 25th and 26th

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

TulsaJeff

Smoke Whisperer
Original poster
Staff member
Administrator
OTBS Member
Jun 28, 2005
Tulsa, OK
[h3]Update September 18th:[/h3]
The forum is getting a much needed upgrade early next week which will include moving all of our data onto a new platform. It will now be Monday, September 25th.

This was originally scheduled for the 18th but they have found some major data errors that have to be addressed and we want this done right.

For phase 1, the forum will go offline at about noon CST and will come back up in read-only mode an hour or two later.

The 2nd and final phase will take anywhere from 24 to 48 hours (hopefully less) while they meticulously convert everything on the Huddler platform over to Xenforo. The two are very incompatible and it's a painstaking process that requires a lot of manual manipulation of data.

We have grown to over 100k members and I think it's time to do a little sprucing up, adding on and making things better.

The look and feel should be quite similar to what it is now but there will be some changes as well since it's a new platform.

I'm very excited for this to happen and I think you will be too once the dust settles.

Let us know if you have any questions and we'll try to answer the best we can.

I will modify this post if anything changes.

Last edited:
Thanks a lot for the Heads up, Jeff !!!

It's very annoying when a forum does something like that without notifying anyone.

Then we can't figure out whether it's a problem with our computer, server, or what's going on.

Thanks Again!!!

Bear

Thanks for the notice....     You've been hiding somewhere..   Glad to hear from you...   Dave

Yep...I think it'll be a good thing for us. I've been busy on several different projects, but hopefully I can get back in here a little more often after this upgrade. =)

Bumping this up

We're not getting a lot of replies or comments on this so I hope everyone is seeing it.

Here's to bumping it again[emoji]128512[/emoji]

Bumping to the top.

Note the new updated date for the upgrade: Monday, September 25th.

Congratulations on the upgrade from Huddler to Xenforo! Porting everything over will definitely be a PITA, but well worth it; this forum has outgrown the Huddler platform and the expansion is ongoing and growing!  I have witnessed several similar endeavors performed by both of my sons in their IT businesses; some go smoothly, but most likely most do not.  There are always glitches and bugs to be worked out, but I know patience is key to a successful upgrade!

The whole world of smoking and grilling meats has gone through remarkable changes over the years since I've become involved here.  The lines have blurred as many more functions have become available on different equipment, implementing the best of all worlds, like the amazing http://www.smoking-meat.com/camp-chef-pellet-grill-woodwind unit on your Smoking Meat Forum; features never magined in 2008 when I became a smoker!  So the upgrade will definitely benefit newer ideas and formulations to our present knowledge base!   I am definitely considering such a unit myself!  Todd Johnson has introduced us into the world of pellet smoking in many forms and the unit you feature is a fine example of what our grilling and smoking world is evolving into!

Thank you so much for your knowledge and experience in bringing us up-to-date technology and always being on the forefront of the BBQ world and providing us with a whole new platform for us to enjoy!

Last edited:
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky