TENDER BELLY CUSTOMER SERVICE

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

SmokinAl

SMF Hall of Fame Pitmaster
Original poster
Staff member
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Jun 22, 2009
Central Florida (Sebring)
I just wanted you guys to know there are some really good
companies with exceptional customer service. I have wanted to try a Berkshire belly for making bacon for a long time. I ordered one from TenderBelly.com. With shipping it came out to about $10 a pound. Way more than I'm used to paying, but as I said it is a Berkshire. When it came I was disappointed that is wasn't as thick as they had advertised. I contacted them by email & about 5 minutes after I sent the email I got a reply from the owner, Shannon. He asked for my phone # & called me right away. He said it sounded like the belly they sent wasn't up to their standards & he wanted to make it right. He said he would have a belly at my door the next day, which is today. Well to my surprise, when I opened the box there were 2 very nice bellies, & 2 packages of their own bacon. Now that's what I call excellent customer service. I would recommend this company to anyone who wants to try some Berkshire pork. This guy Shannon is definitely a stand up guy!
Al

Wow! What a cool website too! I see a shopping accident might be happening for me. :confused:
Thanks for the happy ending story too Al.

Not sure Dave, my original plan was bacon.
But since I now have three bellies, I may try something different.
I will tell you that the bacon they sent me was excellent.
So I know one of the bellies will go for bacon.
I have also been wanting to try belly burnt ends, so that may be an option too.
I was also thinking of adding some of it to my Italian sausage recipe in place of some of the pork butt.
Pancetta may be another option too!
Too many decisions!
Al

Wow that's great Al better then what the big box stores will do. Great customer service is a plus today great ending for you.

Warren

Not sure Dave, my original plan was bacon.
But since I now have three bellies, I may try something different.
I will tell you that the bacon they sent me was excellent.
So I know one of the bellies will go for bacon.
I have also been wanting to try belly burnt ends, so that may be an option too.
I was also thinking of adding some of it to my Italian sausage recipe in place of some of the pork butt.
Pancetta may be another option too!
Too many decisions!
Al

Al,
Did you ever do anything with those tender belly slabs? I don't recall seeing..

Al,
Did you ever do anything with those tender belly slabs? I don't recall seeing..

I have one slab already skinned that weighs almost 16# in a dry cure right now. When I get it smoked & sliced I'll put up a thread.
Here's what this bad boy looked like.
1.JPG

2.JPG

Al

Daaa...ng..! :p. You use flaps of thick parts as extra meat for like beans or soup? Or you leave it and cut it as is?
Some of the ones I was looking at had thicker areas..

Daaa...ng..! :p. You use flaps of thick parts as extra meat for like beans or soup? Or you leave it and cut it as is?
Some of the ones I was looking at had thicker areas..

I leave it just like it is & cut it into 3 pieces.
Al

I vote for Pig Candy Al ...... or maybe Harry Soo's Foiled Ribs .....

harry soo foiled ribs.jpg

Ribs wrapped in bacon with a pork belly cap ...... sooooo weeeeee pigggg

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky