TENDER BELLY CUSTOMER SERVICE

Discussion in 'Blowing Smoke Around the Smoker.' started by smokinal, Nov 16, 2017.

1. smokinal

smokinal Smoking Guru Staff Member Moderator OTBS Member ★ Lifetime Premier ★

I just wanted you guys to know there are some really good
    companies with exceptional customer service. I have wanted to try a Berkshire belly for making bacon for a long time. I ordered one from TenderBelly.com. With shipping it came out to about $10 a pound. Way more than I'm used to paying, but as I said it is a Berkshire. When it came I was disappointed that is wasn't as thick as they had advertised. I contacted them by email & about 5 minutes after I sent the email I got a reply from the owner, Shannon. He asked for my phone # & called me right away. He said it sounded like the belly they sent wasn't up to their standards & he wanted to make it right. He said he would have a belly at my door the next day, which is today. Well to my surprise, when I opened the box there were 2 very nice bellies, & 2 packages of their own bacon. Now that's what I call excellent customer service. I would recommend this company to anyone who wants to try some Berkshire pork. This guy Shannon is definitely a stand up guy!
    Al

2. tropics

tropics Smoking Guru SMF Premier Member ★ Lifetime Premier ★

3. browneyesvictim

browneyesvictim Smoking Fanatic ★ Lifetime Premier ★

Wow! What a cool website too! I see a shopping accident might be happening for me. :confused:
    Thanks for the happy ending story too Al.

4. Rings Я Us

Rings Я Us Master of the Pit Group Lead

Good story. Glad you got your satisfaction..

5. smokinal

Had to bump this back up!
    Al

6. smokinal

Had to bump this back up!
    Al

7. GaryHibbert

GaryHibbert Smoking Guru OTBS Member ★ Lifetime Premier ★

Customer service is almost a thing of the past. Now a days modt CSRs seem to only be interested in outting out fires rather than in ensuring that all customers are happy with their purchase.
    Sure sounds like they you right Al.
    Gary

8. daveomak

daveomak Smoking Guru OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

Al... morning... Well, I'm gonna wait for your review... Bacon ?? Pancetta ?? what you gonna do...

9. smokinal

Not sure Dave, my original plan was bacon.
    But since I now have three bellies, I may try something different.
    I will tell you that the bacon they sent me was excellent.
    So I know one of the bellies will go for bacon.
    I have also been wanting to try belly burnt ends, so that may be an option too.
    I was also thinking of adding some of it to my Italian sausage recipe in place of some of the pork butt.
    Pancetta may be another option too!
    Too many decisions!
    Al

10. Now that is a first class company

Gary

11. chilerelleno

chilerelleno Master of the Pit SMF Premier Member

Good to see an owner with his hands on the wheel.
    Getting hard to find good customer service much less exceptional.
    I gotta put in a recommendation for the PB BEs.

12. halfsmoked

halfsmoked Master of the Pit Group Lead SMF Premier Member

Wow that's great Al better then what the big box stores will do. Great customer service is a plus today great ending for you.

Warren

13. branstone

branstone Newbie

I just ordered a 10 lb case of Pork Cheek, looking forward to it !

14. hardcookin

hardcookin Master of the Pit

Al
    Good story with a happy ending! Looking forward to seeing the burnt ends.

15. Rings Я Us

Al,
    Did you ever do anything with those tender belly slabs? I don't recall seeing..

16. smokinal

I have one slab already skinned that weighs almost 16# in a dry cure right now. When I get it smoked & sliced I'll put up a thread.
    Here's what this bad boy looked like.
    1.JPG

2.JPG

Al

17. Rings Я Us

Daaa...ng..! :p. You use flaps of thick parts as extra meat for like beans or soup? Or you leave it and cut it as is?
    Some of the ones I was looking at had thicker areas..

18. smokinal

I leave it just like it is & cut it into 3 pieces.
    Al

19. Rings Я Us

Yeah... Nice.. At the bacon making factories they press out the bellies to get uniform slices.. Not sure my car tire rolling over it would work right... lol

20. troutman

troutman Meat Mopper SMF Premier Member

I vote for Pig Candy Al ...... or maybe Harry Soo's Foiled Ribs .....

harry soo foiled ribs.jpg

Ribs wrapped in bacon with a pork belly cap ...... sooooo weeeeee pigggg