Some Almonds for a Friend

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

murraysmokin

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
SMF Premier Member
Aug 14, 2015
Clinton Township, Michigan
Had a friend ask me to smoke almonds did 3 lbs...1/2 with just olive oil salt pepper & garlic...other half olive oil salt pepper garlic & chipotle powder...in the smoker 225 3.5 hrs with the amps pitmasters blend...so far so good.
20171207_202341.jpg

Looks great!
Could you elaborate when you get around toit?
Mine came out fine, taste good, but I'd like to shine them up.
Do you spray on, or tumble on, the olive oil and how much about?

Mine look very dry.

Last edited:
I just throw them in a zip lock bag put in a splash of olive oil then what ever spices I am using & smoke them...these turned out good they smell smokier than they taste but have a good smokey fimish. Not sure if that helps but with something like this I just eyeball it most of the time.

So, murraysmokin, you don’t brine your almonds at all right? You just use raw almonds, oil & season them, and smoke them correct?
I read another thread that mentioned brining them for 10 minutes before smoking...but wasn’t sure what this accomplished.
Do you have a decent crunch on your almonds or no?

Thanks!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky