Smoked Prime Rib (49th Wedding Anniversary Dinner)

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Beautiful beef, Bear. I "like"!

Thank You Mister Disco!!
And Thanks for the Like.

Bear

Oh trust me Bear, your meat looks marvelous and perfectly cooked to my liking. Just saying, there's a lot of myths that have been de-bunked about resting meat. If you shoot low and know that carry over will bring you to your desired temperature, then you have already realized my point.

True, but like I said "When I smoke my Prime Ribs in my 220° Smoker there is either 0° or 1° Carry over".
This one you can see in my data was 0° Carry over. So when I want 140° I take it to 140°, and keep it there.

Bear

Top notch PR cook as per usual Bear, very tasty lookin meal. Congrats to Mrs Bear & yourself on the anniversary!

Beautiful hunk of meat. I will be smoking my first PR for Christmas. I am a little surprised the pix appear to be beautifully red, juicy, Med Rare, at 140 IT? I thought 140 would be a big "done"-r than that? Missus only has one rule - don't ever overcook her meat :-) Congrats on 49!!!

Beautiful hunk of meat. I will be smoking my first PR for Christmas. I am a little surprised the pix appear to be beautifully red, juicy, Med Rare, at 140 IT? I thought 140 would be a big "done"-r than that? Missus only has one rule - don't ever overcook her meat :) Congrats on 49!!!

Yup---Everybody thinks it has to be Raw to be Pink & Juicy.
I always use 220° Smoker Temp, and they all come out Pink from Bark to Bark, and all the Juices are still in the roast when done. No Meat Juices in the Pan.

Here's 14 more Prime Ribs, all with finished ITs of between 137° and 142°:
Prime Rib Calendar (14 Smoked Prime Ribs)

Bear

Yup---Everybody thinks it has to be Raw to be Pink & Juicy.
I always use 220° Smoker Temp, and they all come out Pink from Bark to Bark, and all the Juices are still in the roast when done. No Meat Juices in the Pan.

Here's 14 more Prime Ribs, all with finished ITs of between 137° and 142°:
Prime Rib Calendar (14 Smoked Prime Ribs)

Bear
Thanks, Bear. I have an 11 and a 12 pound bone-in (butcher trimmed, twine) Prime Rib she wants me to smoke for Christmas. I absolutely cannot wait. Thank you for the quick response. Will look at your PR calendar.

Thanks, Bear. I have an 11 and a 12 pound bone-in (butcher trimmed, twine) Prime Rib she wants me to smoke for Christmas. I absolutely cannot wait. Thank you for the quick response. Will look at your PR calendar.

That's Great !!
Prime Rib is the easiest thing I ever Smoked, with the Greatest reward.
That's one of the reasons I smoke so many of them.

Bear

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky