Smoked Clams on the half shell,Smoked Scallops reverse seared Pic heavy ( UNDER the Sea TD )

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Dang work has me late to more than one dinner. However it appears this one is the one I hate missing the most! Point to you Richie. Perfectly done. B
Brian Thanks its no problem you have to work,when I was working I worked a lot.Thanks for the point I appreciate it

Richie

Super seafood and qview deserves points, Richie!

Disco
Disco Thank You sorry for the late reply,Rotor went bad 

Thanks for the point I appreciate it

Richie

Great looking plate!! Best way to make the sauce, fresh cherry tomatoes, fresh garlic & fresh basil.

I will gladly take a plate of that!!

Points!! 
points.gif

Great looking plate!! Best way to make the sauce, fresh cherry tomatoes, fresh garlic & fresh basil.

I will gladly take a plate of that!!

Points!! 
points.gif
Thanks my neighbor gave me the Scallops,thought it was going to take forever to smoke them little ones.Grape Tomatoes seem real cheap this year,Basil is hard to find I had to buy a plant .Thanks for the point I appreciate it

Richie

Hi there! New to the site, but had to create a user name to ask how you smoked those scallops? We've never done scallops in the smoker before, but would love to try. None of the research I've done has given me a consistent temperature or time. Thanks in advance! 

Hi there! New to the site, but had to create a user name to ask how you smoked those scallops? We've never done scallops in the smoker before, but would love to try. None of the research I've done has given me a consistent temperature or time. Thanks in advance! 
MmC I hope I can explain

In the pics I posted,Scallops in the pan with butter I leave them in the pan to get some smoke

@ 225 to 250 F Then reverse sear

see the Pan in the left 

They were smoked for maybe 30 minutes, you can see very little smoke color

The butter is showing more of the color

Hope it helps

Richie

Reactions: mike5051
I have got to try this - as has been mentioned, that is the best sear I have seen on scallops, which is the best part for me. Excellent cook Richie!

PZ Thanks Post some pics and if you can PM me,using my laptop it hates me LOL
Thanks for the points I appreciate it
Richie

Mike Thanks and for the pointd I appreciate it
Richie

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky