SMF Recipe Collection - Update for June

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
I sure wish this would have gone further,,, great format and info,,,, doesn't look like Jeffinn has been on here for a while. 

I sure wish this would have gone further,,, great format and info,,,, doesn't look like Jeffinn has been on here for a while.

I know this is an old post but I just dropped in to SMF after a long hiatus and decided to let everyone know why this project was discontinued.
There were a couple of issues with creating and maintaining this recipe collection:
1. Getting permission from the recipe authors to use their content became a laborious and oftimes impossible task. I had 30-40 recipes each week waiting in the que to be published but couldn’t use them because their authors couldn’t be located or simply didn’t respond to my request.
2. The recipe collection wasn’t widely used or accepted in the community. Very few people downloaded it and fewer still referred people to it when they were asking for recipes.

I enjoyed doing it even though it required a fair amount of time (which I have plenty of now that Im retired). But since it seemed to be under-utilized and unpopular (to a few folks anyway), I decided to abandon the project and step away for awhile.
I still have the collection on my desktop and refer to it from time to time. Lots of good stuff in there!
Thanks!
Jeff

Shame the link is gone now. I must be one of the few who downloaded it. It really is a marvelous bit of work. I had no idea how much was there until I search my computer for a certain recipe I had elsewhere and the april and/or june downloads keeps showing in the results.
I did try to refer it to a few people but when I found the link broken, I abandoned the idea.

Shame the link is gone now. I must be one of the few who downloaded it. It really is a marvelous bit of work. I had no idea how much was there until I search my computer for a certain recipe I had elsewhere and the april and/or june downloads keeps showing in the results.
I did try to refer it to a few people but when I found the link broken, I abandoned the idea.
Hey if you still have the collection, can you get it to me? I joined after this was gone and I would love to have a copy.

I’ve been looking at resurrecting the recipe file. I’m missing a few of the original graphics that I used to separate the individual sections but the basic file is still intact with over 300 recipes, a clickable table of contents and an alphabetized index.
It could be twice that size but the requirements laid out by the site owner require getting permission before posting any recipe in the online version (I have a separate version from this group and another group combined that I use for myself).
I’ll see if I can get it reposted in the next week.
Jeff

I’ve been looking at resurrecting the recipe file. I’m missing a few of the original graphics that I used to separate the individual sections but the basic file is still intact with over 300 recipes, a clickable table of contents and an alphabetized index.
It could be twice that size but the requirements laid out by the site owner require getting permission before posting any recipe in the online version (I have a separate version from this group and another group combined that I use for myself).
I’ll see if I can get it reposted in the next week.
Jeff
Thanks!

It could be twice that size but the requirements laid out by the site owner require getting permission before posting any recipe in the online version

Could you make that one of the "selections" when a new user creates a profile saying I give permission for any recipe posted to be used in a recipe collection (or something like that). I realize that doesn't help for the many that you already have.

If you do resurrect this, I would be willing to help you in any way you need.

Could you make that one of the "selections" when a new user creates a profile saying I give permission for any recipe posted to be used in a recipe collection (or something like that). I realize that doesn't help for the many that you already have.

If you do resurrect this, I would be willing to help you in any way you need.
I'll gladly give permission for any thing I do that's for sure. Not that I've done any thing copy worthy yet!

All,
I recreated the file. I've been through a couple of computers since I originally worked on this project so it took a bit to track down the files and the original application.
Unfortunately, the file size of the collection is currently too large for this forums upload size restriction. This wasn't a problem previously but apparently something has changed in the forum.
To anyone who wants this collection, please e-mail me at [email protected] with your e-mail address and I'll gladly send it to you.
Jeff

Reactions: fivetricks
Each chapter section has an associated image. I lost the original image files so I replaced them with some that I acquired from a web search. I'm planning on replacing those generic images with images from some of the forum posters here but I'll have to track down the images I'm interested in and then get permission to use them. Once that's done, I'll try to resize them to get the file under the size limit (4.9 MB) and re-post it here. Until then folks can get the file from me via e-mail.
Also I noticed that the title page says April 2016, its apparently the last recipe file that I prepared unless I come across a backup file from June off 2016. If I do, I'll repost it as well.
Thanks.

I've moved these files up to my Google Drive. You can access and download them using the links below:

Word Format:

PDF Format:

Let me know if you have any problems.
Thanks.
Jeff

Last edited:
Reactions: ab canuck
Was wondering what is difference between these files, if any? Your latest is all three joined in one? I was looking through some old doc files and found these:
SMFRecipeCollection-April, May and June dated 2016. I didn't find the May docx file.

June 2016 was the last file I did. People were requesting the recipe file so I found the last version I had on my computer (I’ve upgraded pc’s once or twice since the original file was created). I upgraded the file as time allowed back then. You have all of the latest files, the one posted was for people who didn’t get a chance to download it back in 2016.
Can you send me the June file?
Thanks

Thanks KrisUpInSmoke!
It’s due for an update, I’ll work on that this month and see if we can get some more recipes added to it!
Jeff

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky