"Restaurant" recommendation, Edgewater, Md.

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

mdboatbum

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
Apr 22, 2011
Washington, DC
Well, not a restaurant per se, but an establishment that sells food. And not BBQ, but it is smoked meat.

It's called Fisher's Famous Hot Dogs. It's a little tiny, and I mean TINY hot dog stand on a huge lot, with a huge sign. Kinda funny actually. But then you taste the hot dogs. WOW. I've tried the Texas Chili and cheese dog, and the Southern slaw dog, both of which were unbelievable. I'm not kidding, I've had hot dogs all over this country, from the streets of NYC, to Chicago to San Francisco, and this little podunk stand in a little podunk town has the absolute best I've ever had. The dogs are all beef and phenomenal, and the rolls, called pretzel rolls, are soft but chewy, with the tiniest bit of crispiness on the bottom. Like nothing I've ever tasted before. And, as an unnecessary bonus, they have Cheerwine in cans.
This hot dog stand, no matter where you are, IS worth the trip.
638.gif
638.gif
638.gif

Sorry! On the south side of Rt 214 about a quarter mile west of RT 2. Directly across from the new Safeway.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky