Question about cleaning an MES

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

mdbannister

Smoke Blower
Original poster
Dec 5, 2017
So, I'm new to smoking. I just used my 30-inch MES for the first time. I watched this video on cleaning it (the video is for the 40-inch model with the glass door, but basically the same pieces):

My question: Is it really necessary to do all of that every single time? I guess I thought it would be similar to upkeep on my grill...

What do you guys do as routine cleaning? How often do you do this full breakdown?

No, I am like Perazzi Mx14 If I had to do all that I would not use mine either. Cover everything with foil, bottom tray,heat shield and chip tray front and use a drip pan. I clean my racks every time and only put in the number I need.
Weber makes a good grill cleaner if you hand wash your racks as I do. that and a SOS pad will keep them good and clean. After awhile your walls will start to peal. just pull the racks and use a cloth or in my case a wisk brush to de scale all interior wall. Jted

Reactions: mdbannister
I clean the glass/grates only, everything else is covered with tinfoil. I buy Awesome at the dollar store to use on the glass. Best stuff I've used so far.

Reactions: mdbannister
Thanks guys! I was feeling the same way. If I had to do that stuff every single time, I'd probably not be doing much smoking. LOL Sounds like maintenance is about like maintenance on my grill. I'll go with what you guys have shared.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky