Question about Bacon Jerky temperatures?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
I never made Bacon Jerky, but Looking at Justin's Thread, I would think you should take your butt to 145° internal Temp.
Then Let it cool & Fridge it for a couple days, Then slice it to regular Bacon thicknesses.
Then follow Justin's Thread (Below) for the rest of the Job:
http://smokingmeatforums.com/index.php?threads/bacon-jerky.269715/

Bear
Oh sorry! I think my post was confusing. The butt is going to be taken to 205 and used as pulled pork. I bought some thick sliced bacon that I was planning to try and use for bacon jerky (in addition to finishing the butt for pulled pork).

Oh sorry! I think my post was confusing. The butt is going to be taken to 205 and used as pulled pork. I bought some thick sliced bacon that I was planning to try and use for bacon jerky (in addition to finishing the butt for pulled pork).

LOL---OK---I thought you were making BBB with the butt, then making Bacon Jerky out of that.

So then just follow what Justin did with his Store bought bacon with yours, from the Link I provided above.

Bear

Reactions: mdbannister
So then just follow what Justin did with his Store bought bacon with yours, from the Link I provided above.
Right. So in order to do that, I'm guessing I'd need to finish the butt first because of the difference in temps (250 for the butt vs 175 in Justin's recipe for the bacon).

Right. So in order to do that, I'm guessing I'd need to finish the butt first because of the difference in temps (250 for the butt vs 175 in Justin's recipe for the bacon).

If that's the Temps needed, that's probably best.
However a Butt would be fine at 225° (What I use), and I would think 225° would be OK for the Bacon Jerky too.

Bear

Reactions: mdbannister
If that's the Temps needed, that's probably best.
However a Butt would be fine at 225° (What I use), and I would think 225° would be OK for the Bacon Jerky too.

Bear
Thanks! I may go ahead and try it that way...I really want to do that bacon jerky. :D

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky