Product Testers

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

tjohnson

Smoking Guru
Original poster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Insider
Dec 29, 2009
Savage, MN
Hey All,

I am working with Huddler on a Product Test for my A-MAZE-N-PELLET-SMOKER, and My New Pitmaster's Choice Pellets.

Rather than solicit the entire forum for testers, I figured the experience of the Moderators would offer better quality comments and reviews.

You may already own an A-MAZE-N-PELLET-SMOKER, and by no means are out of the test group.  If you choose to participate, you'll receive exactly what the other testers will receive, so we all start with the same products.

We will gather the data, positive or negative, and along with the comments, consider changes to the products and/or marketing.

The comments and/or reviews may be used on the SMF Website by A-MAZE-N Products, LLC and/or Huddler.

Jennifer @ Huddler and Myself are working on the details, but for now, these are the rules.

Here's What You'll Receive:

A-MAZE-N-PELLET-SMOKER(AMNPS) w/Instructions

10# of my New Pitmaster's Choice Pellets

Shipped to your address

Product review form

Here's what I ask of the Testers:

Use products for Cold Smoking and/or Supplement Smoke at Higher Temps

Keep track of results

Take pics of AMNPS inside smoker or grill

Complete the product review form

We are currently looking for (10) SMF Members to participate in this test.

I would like to assemble a group of testers using electric, gas, charcoal, fridge conversions, offset smokers, pellet grill/smoker or other types of smokers, and even those who would use the AMNPS inside a grill.

Please PM me if you are interested in participating.

Thanks In Advance!

Todd Johnson

Last edited:
I would be more than happy to do any thing I can for you...MES40 would be the Smoker of choice for me, mine is new and still pretty...JJ

Last edited:
I just shot you a pm. gotta a Lang, a GOSM and an Electric UDS to play with.

Hi Todd

Sure more than happy to test, take pics and write it up. Just really need the blend pellets to test.

Ya know me i have no issues with the AMZNPS

I'd be glad to test, should be getting disability starting in April so I can afford some meat!  Yay!  6 months no income has been a lengthy time.  Got approved for LT dis. thru RS, that is for 18 months, just been thru the 6 month (180 day) deductible period, 1st check should be here in 1st half of April for March, looking forward to it!  Have applied for SS Dis., but no determination yet.  This will give me up to 18 months to reapply as necessary until I can get it hopefully; after 4 strokes I got terminated and can't work any more.  Have the time available!

Todd you know if you ever want me to test something I'd be more than happy to but with that said if there are enough Mods that want to do it let them

Todd I would be happy to test the AMNPS in my MES 40 . Just let me know something.

Bob

I'm in, I have charcoal, gas, stick, smokehouse, etc..................
biggrin.gif

Thanks for the response guys

I've got more than (10) volunteers as requested, but what the heck, I'll take a few more!

Please PM me if you're interested in testing

If You posted in this thread or PM'd me and i missed it, PM me again.

THX!

Todd

I've been playing around with different pellet combinations, and decided on 1/3 Hickory, 1/3 Cherry and 1/3 Maple

Some guys take different pellets and mix them, but we decided to mix the different woods at the sawdust level.  This way, each pellet has a mix of the different woods.

The new Pitmaster's Choice pellets are a great all around pellet for smoking

TJ

That's cool I like the idea and bet they are very good

Thanks to everyone who joined in on my product test.

I asked for (10) testers, and ended up with (16) volunteers.

By now, most of you should have received your package.  I should have included some instructions, but ran short of time.  I really wanted to get the packages out before the Easter Holiday, because I know everyone of us will be smoking something for Easter Dinner.

The test is very informal.  I'll forward some guidelines in a WORD Document to eash of you as soon as I finish them up.

I'm basically looking for different ways to use the AMNPS and different smokers or grills it can be used in.

I do not expect it to perform perfectly in every situation or in every type of smoker.  This info may help redesign this unit or possibly lead me to building a larger unit.

Thanks Again for your participation, and I hope everyone has a Happy Easter!!

Todd

Todd I think a bigger smokehouse model would be very cool

I would be interested in an external model for my smokehouse vs. internal.  Something you can set on a couple L brackets, with an enclosure that would direct the smoke into the smokehouse but still allow adequate draft

abe6619b_ambx.jpg

VERY crude drawing but an enclosure like this you attach to the outside with a hole in the side to let the smoke in, draft coming up from the bottom or from the side, smoke rising and entering the smokehouse as such.  Then, you can cold or hot smoke with no effect of 1) internal lack of draft or oxygen being depleted by propane burner, and 2) refilling easily, controlling draft easily, not having to open smokehouse and disturb air currents, etc.

Oh, and heat from propane burner getting unit too hot and prematurely setting pellets on fire when using it for hot smoking.

Added:

Found this:

076532ea_venthood.jpg

desc: http://www.homedepot.com/h_d1/N-5yc...053&langId=-1&keyword=vent+hood&storeId=10051

Mount the unit underneath it with a couple L-type shelving brackets, cut hole in side of smokehouse and seal the flange, Bingo... exterior smoke unit!  Just let 'smoke rises' take it's course, with a natural draft inside the smokehouse already to pull it in!  What do you think, Todd?

Wonder how much that would impact with heat and heat loss, tho.  May have to restrict the hole or modify to have adjustable venting...  hmmmm... keep thinking.... if I only had a brain...

I'll have to go to Home Depot and do a visual on a unit and see if mods could happen...

Possibly this, too:

6633d3d7-1994-4d57-a39d-e8bf69302c56_100.jpg

hmmmm....

or, another thought... put a diffuser on the other, interior side that is adjustable, too (like the air vent at the bottom of my smoker).

Last edited:
Received "The Package"!

ad61f968_001.jpg

I'll burn it off.

Pellets looked good!  Will re-package.

EXACTLY 3 - 33oz coffee cans full!  

Last edited:
Got mine today as well. Somehow I expected the maze to be bigger. I am burning off the oil now. I hadn't planned on smoking anything this weekend, but I suspect that is about to change. Thanks Todd!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky