Prime Rib Smoke <<Bear Style>>

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Justin that just looks amazing! I don't see a thing wrong with your Qview my friend!

:drool:

Nice going Brother!

Red

[quote name="WaterinHoleBrew" url="/t/166655/prime-rib-smoke-bear-style#post_

BTW, know all too well the pullin weeds exercise..... Good grief I'am gonna be so glad when we get this yard all done ! Ya start out thinkin this won't be bad, then get to the .... What the hell did I start this for mode !! Is there a method to the madness ? Please tell me it's worthwhile ! LOL[/quote]

Don't even start with weeds! I have 90 acres of pasture land that is constantly producing new weeds on a regular basis! Fire weed, ball weed, stink weed, etc...

The latest is coqui frogs! Tiny little tree frogs that 'chirp' all night. With no predators here in hawaii they have infested large areas and are getting close to my house!

Last edited:
Smoked prime rib is the best. Been doing them for years on my 22.5.

Very nicely done and she looks great

After reading this I need to rummage through the freezer to see if I still have one hanging out.

Great job getting the kids involved. My 10 and 7 yo love helping getting food ready for the smoker or grill. Helping my dad many years ago was what got me started. A wonderful experience to pass on

Last edited:
Justin that just looks amazing! I don't see a thing wrong with your Qview my friend!

:drool:

Nice going Brother!

Red

Thanks for the compliment Red, I really appreciate it ! I guess after seeing folks on here like yourself that take amazing pics that I need to brush up the Q view a little ! Thanks again buddy!

[quote name="WaterinHoleBrew" url="/t/166655/prime-rib-smoke-bear-style#post_

BTW, know all too well the pullin weeds exercise..... Good grief I'am gonna be so glad when we get this yard all done ! Ya start out thinkin this won't be bad, then get to the .... What the hell did I start this for mode !! Is there a method to the madness ? Please tell me it's worthwhile ! LOL

Don't even start with weeds! I have 90 acres of pasture land that is constantly producing new weeds on a regular basis! Fire weed, ball weed, stink weed, etc...

The latest is coqui frogs! Tiny little tree frogs that 'chirp' all night. With no predators here in hawaii they have infested large areas and are getting close to my house![/quote]

Oh man, weeds are one thing but them little frogs sound like a real potential problem..... Hope it all works out for ya !

Just found this, Justin, and it looks Awesome!!!
icon14.gif
icon14.gif
--------------
points.gif

I hope you weren't gonna let me miss this!!!  I love seeing Beautiful Prime Ribs like this one!!
drool.gif
drool.gif

Pulling at 135* is just about perfect. That should end up about 141*--142* after resting.

Anything below 132* tastes great, but in my book is too chewy.

Your pics are Beautiful too!!!
icon14.gif

Bet you were actually glad the wife pulled the wrong roast from the freezer!!
biggrin.gif

You also got a couple of Great helpers. Mine is 42 years old now, and only helps me with the heavy work. (Thank God for that!!)

Bear

Just found this, Justin, and it looks Awesome!!!Thumbs Up Thumbs Up --------------:points:

I hope you weren't gonna let me miss this!!!  I love seeing Beautiful Prime Ribs like this one!!:drool :drool

Pulling at 135* is just about perfect. That should end up about 141*--142* after resting.
Anything below 132* tastes great, but in my book is too chewy.

Your pics are Beautiful too!!!Thumbs Up

Bet you were actually glad the wife pulled the wrong roast from the freezer!!:biggrin:

You also got a couple of Great helpers. Mine is 42 years old now, and only helps me with the heavy work. (Thank God for that!!)

Bear

Thanks so much Bear, I was hoping to do ya proud ! I really appreciate your kind remarks & there's getting to be so many threads on here it's hard to keep up with everyone.... I was hoping you'd see it but I would have shot ya a p.m. to get your opinion for sure.... It ended up IT of 141*.... Good call there ! It was really tasty, I will for sure do them this way again ! Really like the crust it makes on the outside.... Dang tasty for sure ! My kiddos love anything to do with the smoker, guess I lucked out there.... Thanks again for dropping a line buddy !

BTW, thanks for the points too ! :biggrin:

Last edited:
Smoked prime rib is the best. Been doing them for years on my 22.5.

Very nicely done and she looks great

After reading this I need to rummage through the freezer to see if I still have one hanging out.

Great job getting the kids involved. My 10 and 7 yo love helping getting food ready for the smoker or grill. Helping my dad many years ago was what got me started. A wonderful experience to pass on

Thanks HEUBrewer, appreciate it.... Thanks for the kind words & yes my kiddos love the smoker ! Every weekend they are askin me what we are smokin ! I remember as well grillin with my Dad & also Dutch Oven cookin as well..... Good times !

This made me laugh so thought I'd share it ! My daughter said to me this morning after helping me with the PR yesterday.... "Dad, ya know there's kind of princessy type of girls ?" I said, "Yeah, I do know that !" She then said, "I don't really think I could be one of them, I'am gonna be a Grillin Girl instead !" I then said, "My dear, you can be anything ya want but I'd take a Grillin Girl for sure !" LOL.... That just cracked me up !

Last but not least, maybe my favorite part of smoking a PR, a nice Sunday afternoon snack.... A few good ole meaty beef ribs trimmed off the PR....

Thanks again for lookin, til next time ! :grilling_smilie: :beercheer:

LOL----Grillin Girl !!!
icon14.gif

Seems more like both to me----"Princess Grillin Girl"!!
icon14.gif
icon14.gif

Tasty Ribs Too, eh??
drool.gif

Bear

LOL----Grillin Girl !!!Thumbs Up

Seems more like both to me----"Princess Grillin Girl"!!Thumbs Up Thumbs Up

Tasty Ribs Too, eh??:drool

Bear

Thanks Bear, Haha..... She said that she would take that name & said that was nice of you !

I tell ya what, them good ole meaty ribs trimmed off the prime.... WOW, what a treat.... :2thumbs:

That was the best PR I've had in a while ... Though it was not planned, it turned out awesome ! :drool Thanks for sharing your recipe on here as it's for sure a keeper & certainly gonna be used again ! The fam said to tell ya thanks as they enjoyed it as much as I did !

Appreciate it buddy & take care..... :beercheer:

Last edited:
That was after the smoke on Sat. Adam, then Sun. I wrapped in foil & warmed them up at 225* for bout 1/2 hr. Yum ! :biggrin:
Last but not least, maybe my favorite part of smoking a PR, a nice Sunday afternoon snack.... A few good ole meaty beef ribs trimmed off the PR....

Thanks again for lookin, til next time ! :grilling_smilie: :beercheer:

I just seen this, did you recook the bone part?

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky