Power fist sausage stuffer?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

glutton11

Fire Starter
Original poster
Mar 5, 2017
Edmonton Alberta Canada
I'm looking at buying my first stuffing machine and cant find a decent used one. Question to those who would know. Is a power fist stuffer and good as i can buy a brand new one for 150.00. Im not a fan of power fist equipment unless i only need it occasionally as its generally low quality. Thanks in advance.

Get a HAKKA. I just got one to replace my lem 5lb. I do a lot of sticks and the Hakka does it with ease compared to the struggles I had with the lem.

I use a 5lb LEM with metal gears. Way over 4000lb put thru it. 0 problems and i even use a 3/8" OD tube with 15mm casings. I have the new LEM stuffer and works great.

Reactions: chopsaw
My inlaws have had 2 powerfist stuffers that crapped out on them. I bought a 7lb vivo with metal gears on amazon for about tbe same price and it works much better. If you buy a powerfist i think they make a larger model with metal gears.

Check to make sure the gears and rack (as in rack and pinion) are not aluminum... some verticals use aluminum... they wear out fast...

I got the Kitchener 5lb stuffer from PA, I've had it for about 5 years, do about 100lbs/year. It has plastic gears, but if you aren't a savage with your equipment, it works fine. In retrospect I would probably get one with metal gears, but honestly, unless you are doing a lot of sausage or are particularly ham-fisted, it shouldn't be needed.

I have a Kitchener stuffer also. Plastic gears and all. Works great. Need to know how to use your equipment.

I'm looking at buying my first stuffing machine and cant find a decent used one. Question to those who would know. Is a power fist stuffer and good as i can buy a brand new one for 150.00. Im not a fan of power fist equipment unless i only need it occasionally as its generally low quality. Thanks in advance.
still looking for good stuffer? go on craigslist or ebay look up enterprize stuffer cast iron made in philadelphia since late 1800s usually can pick one up in good shape for around 100$ or less look it up on google so you know what to look for i picked one up recently that has 2 plates and basket for pressing fruit. they dont wear out nice to use old fashion eqipment!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky