(PICTURES ADDED)7th Annual South Florida Gathering 2017 (Nov 17-19)

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Keith’s Double Smoked Ham.

Attachments

• 6381AB26-DCAA-4FF9-A488-C16A3B913F33.jpeg
    6381AB26-DCAA-4FF9-A488-C16A3B913F33.jpeg
    132.1 KB · Views: 53
Reactions: carol506
Got the Trailblazer home with no issues. Big THANK YOU to Steve & Keith for the help.
The Fall Gathering was just fantastic!!! The weather could not have been better and the food was out of this world. Keith & NEPAS showed us how to make super good snack sticks and everyone got to take home a bunch. Doug showed us how to make smoked cheese and again we got some to take home. Everyone pitched in for one meal or another, Carol,John, Louis & Gene with breakfasts. O'Jenny and Sharon made a big impression with some fantastic Dutch Oven meal!!! It was great to see Frank & Wendy again. Karen's (Tikiman) slaw was delicious & Charlotte's sausage dip was to die for. Congratulations to Bobcat for taking 1rst place in the rib cook off! I can't name everyone but this was the best year yet!!!
Had a great time and Mason already asked if he can go with us again next year.
Craig & Ann

Was great to meet everyone for our first gathering, which also happened to be our daughters' first camping experience. They were a bit shy, but I'm sure after a few more events they will warm up to everyone. Thanks for being such an awesome group of people to hang out with. We had a great time and can't wait for the next one where I hope to defend my crown. Doug and Keith, thanks for starting such a great event. Was great to finally meet Al and his wife, Jeremea (spelling?) can't wait to see you next summer at Disney, and let's have a mini-gathering in Brandenton with that crew.

Forgot to say "THANKS" to Jeff for the "Smoking Meat" book that was the prize for winning. Still haven't unpacked all our books, and if I find that I already have it, we'll figure out a fun way to pass it along.

Again was a good time to get with friends old and new.
I ate so much.....Again

Judy & I had a great time seeing old friends & meeting some new ones.
Hope to see you all again next year!
Al

Great weekend and I would have to say this has been the best one yet! Such a great turnout and it was nice to meet alot of new faces as well as see the old (no age joke intended haha)!

I'll upload some pictures that I have later and can't wait to see the others that peopled Snapped on their cameras and phones!

Such a perfect weekend and great group of people! Biggest one yet! All the food was delicious as well, which I had more time and belly space to enjoy all of it haha

Awesome get together with some great weather. Was cool to meet so many new people and learn about smoking cheese and making the meat sticks. Other plus was getting to hang out with some old friends we haven't seen in awhile. Been way to long and we will do it again. Carol our reservations have been made. Had a blast and a big thanks to those whom put it together!

FANTASTIC GATHERING !
Great to see old friends and meet new ones , unbelievable amounts of food this year !
Thanks To Keith & Doug for once again holding , planning ,and hosting another South Florida Gathering
I have sent Doug a link to pic's and he is working on getting them posted for all to see.

Keith I apologize for not stopping by Sunday Night to sit around the campfire ....but after a long hike we ate some leftovers from the week end , had a few drinks ...and woke up at 8 AM Slept right on through.
I'm sure you needed the rst as well ...YOU again out did yourself between that Ham all the treats and snack sticks I don't know how you do it ! We are all lucky for a guy like you , THANK YOU , THANK YOU , THANK YOU !

Well OK Then ... made it home safe about noon today..

""AWESOME""
That's been my thoughts for the last two days...
If it wasn't for Jeff (site owner) and Brian (and other Admins/Mods) none of this would have been possible .. Thanks a million... Also thanks for the two books...

Just to clarify... Doug and Al are the proud owners of this Gathering... They started this great get together.. I've just been attending since the first one.. so for that.. 'Thanks to Doug and Al"

a BIG shout out to Lisa at https://www.vacuumsealersunlimited.com/ .... The bags worked great... used them on cheese and snack sticks ...

WOWWWWWWW ... What an awesome event ..

I will say it again (was saying it all weekend) .. I tried my best... I was in search of something that "I didn't like" ... but to no avail.. I never found it... will try harder next time ..

It was good to see old friends and meet/make some new ones ... hopefully all of them had a good enough time and want to return to next years (which the dates have been made already, I think)...

More Later ...

Wow 15 pages, 294 replies and only one picture of a ham. Some of us from outside of the Florida area are beginning to wonder if this event really happened or was it a big hoax(LOL). Sounds like you guy/girls had a great time and we all are waiting patiently for the pic's.

Chris

WARNING... WARNING ... Everybody check vehicles, rv's, tents, whatever ... PINE SAP ... all over my truck and awning on the camper ...

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Clicky