New to smoking cheese!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
I'm going to get an amazen I think
Leonard, that was the first smoking tube that I tried and it's OK, does the job but takes a bit of work to get it lit using a propane torch.

I then went to the Smoking Wedgie. It's easier to lite, smokes longer and heavier than the tube, but I do use them both. I've used them to smoke turkey, pork belly, salmon and rib eyes. I bought mine and the pellets from bbqpelletsonline.com . https://bbqpelletsonline.com/index.php/pellet-wedgie-samples/ You can buy pellet sample bags too, a great way to try some new flavors. I'll be smoking cheese today with apple wood and later, basil.

Bumping this old thread to ask about the Wedgie. I bought one some months back and have yet to be happy with the thing. 9 times out of 10 the thing goes out after 45 minutes or so of smoldering. I've tried lighting it with a propane torch, squirting the pellets with alcohol gel. Neither makes a difference. Also tried various brands of pellets and have also tried drying pellets in the microwave for a minute or two prior to lighting. None seems to make any difference. The Wedgie will smoke for a short time and then go out.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky