Need Advice

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

jtn1965

Original poster
May 28, 2016
I am going to smoke boneless beef chuck ribs and a whole turkey breast at the same time.
Any advice on cooking time and a good temperature to smoke at?
Thank you very much.

Wow, that's opposite end of the spectrum smoking. The beef chuck is low n slow, the whole turkey breast hot n fast.

I've got some ideas, but I've never done what you're attempting, so I'll sit on the sidelines and lets those who've done it answer.

I have both meats seasoned and will be putting them on tomorrow morning. If I don't get anymore tips I guess I will smoke them both fpr 4 hours and see how the come out.

Reactions: cbat
Almost forgot I will be using a water smoker so it will be indirect heat.

Don't cook those together. That's the advice I'd give you. You need to cook the chuck ribs low and slow (225-250 degrees) and the turkey breast is a hot and fast cook (275-300).

Don't cook to time either. You need to get a good thermometer and cook to internal temperature.

I only have one smoker so I will have to cook them together. I thank you for your advice.

Then I'd do my best to do two separate smokes tomorrow. You're not going to get good results cooking those together because of the temperature difference needed.

Give us some more info on weight of the two and such and someone can give you at least a ballpark estimate for cook times for each.

OK, Here is a Smoked Chucky Step by Step (Below):
It has the temp I used & time. I think it was 240° for about 8 hours.
So figure how big the Breast is & how long it will take.
Then get the Chucky going, and put the Breast in at the right time for them both to finish near the same time.
240° is fine for Turkey if it's only a Breast.
If it has skin on it, you can put the Breast in the oven @ 300° for the last half hour or so to crisp it up.

Smoked Pulled Beef Chucky

Bear

Just keep track of them. The Turkey breast will be done before the chuck ribs. You didn’t say what temp you were going to cook at.
If you cook the ribs at temps to cook the turkey, the ribs WILL be overdone...

There are 7 boneless chuck ribs and 1 whole turkey breast. Each one is 4 lbs. My smoker does not have a numerical thermometer on it. Only a guide saying warm good or hot. Dual level up right smoker. Planning on wrapping the ribs after about 3 hours.

Will have the turkey on the upper level and the ribs on the lower level.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky