Mix Plate & Three Voting thread!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Please select your favorite Mix plate and Three dish!

• 1. Teriyaki chicken, fried rice, egg rolls and grilled pineapple.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 2. Smoked Pineapple stuffed pork loin with an Apricot & Cherry chutney, Sous Vide glazed carrots, bo

• 3. Spice rubbed Hickory Smoked Ribs, Baked Beans lightly smoked with bacon and sausage, sauteed kale

• 4. Ox tail stew - Coffee smoked ox tail, including onion, carrot, celery, garlic and elk stock. Serv

• 5. The Meat and Three Sandwich - Smoked and sous vide brisket, home cured bacon braised collared gre

• 6. Pulled pork, with smoked baked beans, polenta and bok choy - Pork butt is first sous vided then p

• 7. Smoked/Grilled Chicken Wrapped with Double Thick Pork Belly and Sweet Vidalia Onion, Grilled Swee

• 8. Smoked baby backs, Dutch's wicked beans, smothered cabbage with bacon and tasso, roasted corn gri

• 9. Char Sui baby back ribs, BBQ pork, fried rice, pork egg rolls, and Asian salad

• 10. Rotisserie turkey breast served with sweet taters, salad with shrimp and smoked salmon nuggets.

• 11. Smoked Brisket,Twice baked Cheesy Taters,Stuffed mushrooms,Baby carrots cooked in the smoky Beef

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

dirtsailor2003

Epic Pitmaster
Original poster
OTBS Member
Oct 4, 2012
Bend Oregon
Here we go. Have fun. Please remember to keep any comments you post on this thread general. It's okay to post things like "everything looks great". It's not okay to post things like " I love Number 2 and everyone should vote for that one". Any posts deemed in appropriate will be removed by the MOD staff.

The entries are in no particular order. I placed names in a hat and drew them out. When voting the number listed in the poll corresponds with the entry number show before each dish.

The photos are the original photos, formatted as best as possible to keep them all similar sizes but otherwise un-edited.  

PRIZES!!!!

We have some great sponsors on this site and two have offered up prizes for this throwdown. Our two winners will receive one of the following:

A-maZe-n Smoker package!!!

Or the

Thermopro TP-20

In addition each winner will win a hand selected Pacific Northwest Care package from the Throwdown Master Himself!

Good luck to all who entered!

Lets get to Voting!!!

Teriyaki chicken, fried rice, egg rolls and grilled pineapple.

The chicken and pineapple was done on the WSM mini, and there is a  smoked fattie each in both the fried rice and egg rolls.

Smoked Pineapple stuffed pork loin with an Apricot & Cherry chutney, Sous Vide glazed carrots, boiled parsley tiny taters and cucumber & onion with a vinaigrette dressing. Famous Dave's corn muffins in the background just for fun..

Spice rubbed Hickory Smoked Ribs

Baked Beans lightly smoked with bacon and sausage

sauteed kale with bacon and garlic

Custard Cornbread

Ox tail stew - Coffee smoked ox tail, including onion, carrot, celery, garlic and elk stock. Served alongside a twice-baked crispy skin potato, baked beans, asparagus, cucumber salad, and Boite Cabernet Sauvignon

The Meat and Three Sandwich - Smoked and sous vide brisket, home cured bacon braised collared greens, grandmas Mac and cheese (with home smoked cheese), on homemade corn bread with a little bit of BBQ sauce

Pulled pork, with smoked baked beans, polenta and bok choy -

Pork butt is first sous vided then pecan wood PID low temperature (145F)  smoked.

Bake navy beans, then smoked with pork butt.

Polenta is cooked with pork juice from sous vided pork

Bok choy is stir fried with fish sauce and garlic.

Smoked/Grilled Chicken
Smoked/Grilled Chicken Wrapped with Double Thick Pork Belly and Sweet Vidalia Onion
Grilled Sweet Corn with Butter, Sweet Vidalia Onion and Rosemary
Smoked Blackeyed Peas with Smoked Pork Neck Bones
Cajun Fried Whole Okra
Apple Dump Cake

Smoked baby backs, Dutch's wicked beans, smothered cabbage with bacon and tasso, roasted corn grits.

Char Sui baby back ribs, BBQ pork, fried rice, pork egg rolls, and Asian salad

Rotisserie turkey breast served with sweet taters, salad with shrimp and smoked salmon nuggets.

Smoked Brisket,Twice baked Cheesy Taters,Stuffed mushrooms,Baby carrots cooked in the smoky Beef broth.

GOOD LUCK EVERYONE!!!!

WOWZERS !!!!    Awesome plating of some great looking foods...      I gotta think about this and come back later..... 

Case, you were right.  These plates look amazing.  Drool factor is high with this group.  I waited till close to lunch time to vote cause I knew it wasn't gonna be good to look too early, now to go see if I can find me something like any of these in my fridge.  Hope the wife has been looking too.

Good luck everyone!!!!

Mark

First time through I had my favorites. They changed on the second time through and they just changed again. This is going to be tough.

Nicely done ALL! It's not easy to join 4 foods on a plate and not have have it look institutional. Good job folks...JJ

yahoo.gif
man and you want us to vote for 1!!!! I'll take some of them all.

Warren

:yahoo: man and you want us to vote for 1!!!! I'll take some of them all.

Warren

The toughest part is I can't vote for any of them!

Tough competition with all the tasty plates!

Once again, Thank you all for the support. Those who entered and those voting!

This months will be posted shortly after the winners are announced for this one!

Throwdown Master Dirt

Last edited:
This is an awesome turn out! Gladly eat any of them! I like how the throwdowns force you to think outside the box or do something classic but drool worthy. Very tough decision

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky