Meat Slicer (review)

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
I'm looking to buy a slicer. I don't want to get one if I have to trim 2 inches off the slab 1st. Would also like to cut brisket. Just was thinking maybe I should get one that would cut it all . I think some people use a knife to cut bacon because they didn't get the bigger slicer. Which is fine.. Use a knife and save $200 + is a good idea also

I'm looking to buy a slicer. I don't want to get one if I have to trim 2 inches off the slab 1st. Would also like to cut brisket. Just was thinking maybe I should get one that would cut it all . I think some people use a knife to cut bacon because they didn't get the bigger slicer. Which is fine.. Use a knife and save $200 + is a good idea also

Then again some people, like me, use a slicer that's even smaller, but since we don't make 12" square BLTs, who cares? :D

Bear

I slice slabs of bacon just fine with mine. I don't see why brisket would be any different. Unless you step up to a 10" slicer I don't think there is another unit on the market that has as long of a travel.

That's the problem though. I wanted to get one to slice everything but they are $400 on the low end.
Nice review by the way.. :)
Rings I have more then enough knives and I have the skills so,yes saving a few $$$ is worth the trimming
I pointed out some very good features on this
Richie

How much will you use it ? That made it easier for me. I knew I was not going to be a heavy
duty user so I didn't want to spend a lot of buck for something that sits in the closet most of the time.
That said I wanted as much bang for the buck as I could get. I ended up with a Chef's Choice 609 Premium Electric Food Slicer I paid about a hundred bucks . It has done everything I have wanted to do. I've sliced bacon, brisket and a host of other things. Now if you are going to be slicing every week or several times a week I would be looking at the higher priced and heavier duty slicers.
Hope that helps

Gary

Tell you what ... so far , I love mine .. matter of fact I just sliced up a pork belly .. 4 lb belly, and going to smoke it up tomorrow ... and I will be leaning on all of you to help me out cause i never smoked one .. lol.. seriously though .. this is a fine, fine slicer for the money .. also , if the belly tuns out good, I also took out tonight to thaw , like a 3 lb bag of thin sliced pork loin I smoked a few weeks ago to make loin/belly sammies tomorrow

I think you guys are right.. Use it 95% for things 8 or less inches anyway..

One my sister has

IMG_20171103_175132.jpg

This one in Richies review is rated high as heck in reports. And that 609

Was just hoping to be able to get a big one maybe.. I wanted to cut nice professional looking bacon to give to people as gifts or sell some.. lol I guess 9- 10 Inch bacon you could make look good. And have some trimmed pieces for cooking and stuff.

This one in Richies review is rated high as heck in reports. And that 609

Was just hoping to be able to get a big one maybe.. I wanted to cut nice professional looking bacon to give to people as gifts or sell some.. lol I guess 9- 10 Inch bacon you could make look good. And have some trimmed pieces for cooking and stuff.

I use the Chef's Choice 615 and it has a 7 inch blade. It cuts pork bellies for bacon with no issue for me. I haven't encountered pork belly so wide the 615 couldn't handle it. I've done 4-5 pork bellies for bacon and the 615 was wonderful to work with. I thought about going with the 665 model but after a lot of research I discovered that it is a one off model that doesn't even have replacement blades, etc. so I went with the tried and true 615.

Best feature is probably that it is easy to clean!

Reactions: Rings Я Us
We have these type of deals or better all over this area.
This is either a 12 or 13 inch blade Globe gravity fed slicer. Old but working good.
I saw this by my work. lol

Saw another like it for $300 but it was sold

Attachments

• IMG_20171103_202713.png
    IMG_20171103_202713.png
    313.9 KB · Views: 72
Finally used the smooth blade to slice some Eye Round
The smooth blade does a great job thin slicing
100_6405.JPG
sandwiches
100_6410.JPG
I will recommend getting the extra blade
Richie

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky