Kitchener discontinued

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

mosparky

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Aug 11, 2015
St. Louis area, Missouri
I have been putting family first and therefore putting off getting a grinder. I have watched the Kitchener at Northern tool closely and recently noticed it is no longer available. I hit the chat button and was told the vendor was noted unreliable, not sure if it means late delivery or no longer a vendor for Northern. Even the #32 manual grinder is gone.
I informed the Cust Rep on chat that the Huntrite unit that appears to be replacing the Kitchener has Plastic gears and therefore was not a consideration for me. Asked him to pass that along to the higher ups who make these decisions.
For now I'm back to looking for a decent grinder in about the same price point. Might even settle for a manual that I can motorize.
Suggestions ??

WOW. I have a Kitchner from them. Seems like a good machine. Alot of people use them.

Probably getting the huntrite at a lower price point for more profit. There is nothing wrong with the Kitchener grinders and there are a ton of people who have them. I've had one for like 6 years and no issues. Going to plastic gears would be a deal killer on the replacement for me though. There is inexpensive and then there is "cheap". Inexpensive can last, "cheap" is just that (in more than one aspect).

That is why I said it was a no-go. If I decide to go with cheap plastic gears the Harbor freight looks good after a 20% discount coupon. An extended warranty and I might at least get my money's worth. Still rather buy once....

That is why I said it was a no-go. If I decide to go with cheap plastic gears the Harbor freight looks good after a 20% discount coupon. An extended warranty and I might at least get my money's worth. Still rather buy once....

Looking for a buy once?? Brand name. My Hobart loves meat. It will grind a brick. Expensive thou. So you want cheap or great ?

A few years ago while researching grinders, I found the Chinese company Sunmile is one of the oldest grinder manufactures and sells under the name Sunmile G50, Kitchener #12 and a couple others in Europe. The Sunmile G50 is the same specs as the Kitchener with the only difference being control button style and, I believe, some case differences. Walmart has them for $129 and Amazon is, currently, $159. Check out the review below...JJ

http://www.grinderreviewed.com/sunmile-sm-g50-review/

They had the LEM #12 Big Bite for 25% off back in September. I nearly pulled the trigger. If it comes up at that price point again, I'm going to do it. I tried to get one at Gander Mountain on their going out of business sale. I missed it by about 30 minutes. I called and they had 2, by the time I got there they were both gone (and 40% off retail which was originally $449, or $269 liquidation price, but new in box).

That is a tough break. Would have been a sweet deal! eBay sometimes has some bargains on new equipment.

Last edited:
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky