It's late but... ECB pizza time!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
We used to have or make baked apples. Nobody makes those anymore.
Winchester is a slowly dying apple farming community dating back to before the Revolutionary war.Hence me smoking A LOT with apple wood,beside loving the taste. I can literally drive down the road and pick up branches and this time of year the orchards trim their dead wood and pile it up roadside.Check this out,I live the next ridge west of Apple Pie Ridge Road and will be voting there today at the local High School,James Wood.White house foods,Apple blossom festival etc. are here.Super rich with history. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Winchester,_Virginia

Hessian soldiers were known to walk to the high ridge north and west of town, where they could purchase and eat apple pies made by the Quakers. The ridge became affectionately known as Apple Pie Ridge. The Ridge Road built before 1751 leading north from town was renamed Apple Pie Ridge Road. The local farmers found booming business in feeding the Virginia Militia and fledgling volunteer American army.

Reactions: Rings Я Us
Winchester is a slowly dying apple farming community dating back to before the Revolutionary war.Hence me smoking A LOT with apple wood,beside loving the taste. I can literally drive down the road and pick up branches and this time of year the orchards trim their dead wood and pile it up roadside.Check this out,I live the next ridge west of Apple Pie Ridge Road and will be voting there today at the local High School,James Wood.White house foods,Apple blossom festival etc. are here.Super rich with history. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Winchester,_Virginia

Hessian soldiers were known to walk to the high ridge north and west of town, where they could purchase and eat apple pies made by the Quakers. The ridge became affectionately known as Apple Pie Ridge. The Ridge Road built before 1751 leading north from town was renamed Apple Pie Ridge Road. The local farmers found booming business in feeding the Virginia Militia and fledgling volunteer American army.
Wow! that's really neat. you have history in your smoking veins .. lol

Leftovers today smoked up the works microwave.

IMG_20171107_105918.jpg

Good looking pie Johhny!

I was lazy and bought a take-n-bake on Saturday and put it on the WSM to cook it. I was trying to figure out how to get it placed in and out of the smoker without tipping and spilling it or otherwise making a mess. I dug in my cabinet and forgot I had one of these perforated pizza pans. So I pulled it out to see if it would fit, and WOUDNT YOU KNOW IT! It was like it was MEANT to FIT! I haven't a clue what brand this one is.
Pizza.jpg

Good looking pie Johhny!

I was lazy and bought a take-n-bake on Saturday and put it on the WSM to cook it. I was trying to figure out how to get it placed in and out of the smoker without tipping and spilling it or otherwise making a mess. I dug in my cabinet and forgot I had one of these perforated pizza pans. So I pulled it out to see if it would fit, and WOUDNT YOU KNOW IT! It was like it was MEANT to FIT! I haven't a clue what brand this one is.View attachment 344267
Oh sweet! That looks good. As long as you have a gap around the edges for heat to rise.. I been just using a couple layers of foil.. haha.. thanks

Yup. It's a mini build. That is the handle of the stockpot. The pizza from Figaros in the photo above comes in its own cardboard baking tray and would be difficult to remove and put on something else.

20171113_184115.jpg
20171113_184015.jpg

Oh.. it came fresh from the store? I don't remember ever buying one like that.. I get them frozen mostly.. Guess you have to just bend the cardboard carefully and try and slide then off.. lol A smaller pan like that would be a good deflector plate

A smaller pan like that would be a good deflector plate

The tamale steamer pot that the smoker is built with comes with a diffuser pan just like that that fits down near the bottom. Yes. It works very well for that.

Now that I found this perf pizza pan fits like a glove, I have more experimenting to do- More PIZZAS!

Last edited:
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky