Is it OK to Prepare ABTs Ahead . . .

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

rabbithutch

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
. . . of time? I'm thinking of making up a dozen or so, placing them in a sealed plastic container lined with parchment paper and placing them in the reefer. I want to have them available to do on my next smoke which will be a small brisket and 2 pork butts. Prepping the meat will be a little bit hectic and I'd like not to add prepping the ABTs at the same time. I will be doing this cook when in-laws are visiting; so the simpler and easier the better.

If you've done this, please tell me how it went. Assuming it's OK, how many days will they store safely in a reefer if in a closed container?

I do this all the time. I even put some on a tray in the freezer for 2 hours and then bag them up. I take them out of the freezer and smoke them from frozen, I just give them a bit longer.

I almost always make mine a day ahead of time. Actually I usually do all the prep work the day before, then I can just fire up the smoker & enjoy the day!
Al

Thank you, Gentlemen!

I couldn't see any reason not to do them ahead of time unless the reefer storage affected the peppers. I'm glad to hear that you've had no problems. I really hadn't thought of freezing them but that is a wonderful idea. Instead of doing a dozen at a time I might do 3 or 4 dozen.

Again ... Thank You!!!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky