Holy crap - we need help and ideas

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

scarbelly

Gone but not forgotten. RIP
Original poster
OTBS Member
Jul 26, 2009
Mrs Scar (Kathy) and I donated a demo dinner for the 4H fund raiser. I just got a call from the fund raising folks that our dinner sold for $650  for 10 people 

Holy cow - we need to get really creative here. Since it is a demo dinner we can't do smoked food except for premade food.

You awesome chefs have any ideas - we have some appetizers like nuts and wings for starters. Jimmy sent me an awesome proccuitto recipe and i think we will do a demo on cheese making 

Anyone with an idea please share with us  

Dutch's Wicked Baked Beans would be an easy throw together item. Just dont give them all the ingredients
police2.gif

Scarbelly can I get a bit more info please I dont have a total grasp of what this actually means.Blame it on the "down under "factor .Is this like a cooking demo so I could walk people through something relatively new for your "hood like a fish curry that you could demo or am I completely off target here.
biggrin.gif

Gary, Could you demo the winning Fatty in a "home kitchen oven" method...  Are you demoing the prep, cooking and eating the selected dishes ??

At this point I have not met with the folks that won the silent bid. I just got a call from my friend who went to the auction and he told me that out dinner raised the highest amount of money at the auction. One of the items was 4 free airline tickets to anywhere in the US. We beat the tickets by $100 

I will try to meet with the winner sometime in the next couple of weeks to see what they really want to have 

Wow! Those kids have really been singing your praises . . . and deservedly so.

For sure, talk with the people who won the auction to see if they have any preferences that you can demo.

If it comes to it, I've got a chicken cacciatore recipe that takes about 15 minutes to prep and about an hour to cook. I serve it with Mexican vermicelli which is toasted in a dutch oven then Rotel is added along with some chicken broth. Rice for those who don't want the spicy vermicelli. A good salad and you're home and free.

How about a Cajun meal ? I can give you some quick recipes from apps to dessert,

gary, are the kids involved in the prep of the dinner or is it just you and cathy? man i see some roasted tenderloin (pork or beef) coming out of your WFO with some roasted fingerling potatoes, carrots and turnips tossed in olive oil and fresh herbs.

We decided to host a pizza/calzone party with the folks that won and see what they would like and go from there. We will not have any of the kids involved but we might hire one of them to do dishes 

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky