Hi! I'm the new guy.

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

mdbannister

Smoke Blower
Original poster
Dec 5, 2017
Hi everyone! I'm the new guy on here. I've had a couple of posts, and I really appreciate the helpful advice I've already received, so I figure I'll stick around and learn more from you guys. Who knows, maybe someday I'll actually learn enough to be able to contribute to others. :D

About me...I'm Daniel. I live in Ontario, California with my wife and two kids. I have several jobs that pay the bills (I teach online with Liberty University and I also do some social media marketing), and I'm also a pastor who starts new churches.

I've been grilling for years, and recently started trying my hand at smoking with indirect smoke on a gas grill (I prefer to grill over wood on a charcoal grill, but our apartments here don't allow it. :confused:). I did a few briskets and ribs, and liked it enough to get an MES. So now, I'm learning my way around that one. I actually just put in an order for an AMNPS (thanks to recommendations from this forum), so I'm looking forward to trying that out.

So that's enough to give a bit of an idea who I am. I look forward to getting to know you guys on here.

Welcome to the board! Look around, get ideas and ask questions, we will help.

I understand why some apartments don't allow flame. I see gas grills on wooden balconies and think that's just one unattended batch of brats away from Big Trouble.

Reactions: mdbannister
texas-animated-flag-1.gif
Good morning and welcome to the forum from a cool, foggy and damp day here in East Texas, and the best site on the web. Lots of great people with tons of information on just about everything.

Gary

Reactions: mdbannister
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky