Grilling tools

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

c45br

Fire Starter
Original poster
Jun 26, 2016
Rural northeast NY State
I've had my grilling set for a few years. Nice set that's heavy and decent quality. Can some one help me understand the toothed edge on the spatula? The other edge is serated like a steak knife. I get that, but the opposite edge has longer, spaced teeth that are about 1/4" apart and not very sharp. What's that for?

Last edited:
I believe the label on the one my wife bought me said "Meat Tenderizer".

I guess you can use it to  a) clean your grill grates; b) cut open your vacuum sealed meat bags; or c) hang potholders off of....................

It reminds me of a serrated trowel for spreading mastic when doing tiles. Perhaps I'll try spreading a rub evenly with it next time I do a big hunk of meat. 

31.gif

Officialy I have no idea.  I have used a spatula like that (mine doesn't have the fork end just the serrated) and used the fork side to easily roll, wings, sausages, and grilled cauliflower over.  Worked well for that but I'm not sure that is what it is for.

OH I just figured it out! 

That is a Tactical Spatula!!!!

It will save your life some day, so don't forget to put a rail, a quick detatch mount, an infrared flashlight mount, and a regular flashlight mount so you can go visible light or stealth whenever you need quickly and quietly grill something in the dark at 3am  :P

sawzall.gif

Officialy I have no idea.  I have used a spatula like that (mine doesn't have the fork end just the serrated) and used the fork side to easily roll, wings, sausages, and grilled cauliflower over.  Worked well for that but I'm not sure that is what it is for.
Well, that makes about the most sense so far!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky