Dons famous UBE snack sticks and homeade jerky racks

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

wanna-be-smoker

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
Mar 13, 2013
VT
here is the latest batch of Dons famous UBE ( ugly but effective)jerky in the camp chef pellet smoker. It is High Mountain Hickory flavoring with B&B hickory mixed with pit boss comp blend pellets

The fancy new jerky racks do the job. They aren't pretty but what it took me 6 hours to do last time will take me two hours to do this time. This was 4 pounds of ground beef and when i was done i had cut and bagged 100 sticks in bags of ten (for my mom to freeze and eat when she wants).

Attachments

• j1.jpg
    j1.jpg
    102.2 KB · Views: 155
  • j2.jpg
    j2.jpg
    56.6 KB · Views: 152
  • j3.jpg
    j3.jpg
    89.7 KB · Views: 151
  • j4.jpg
    j4.jpg
    118.6 KB · Views: 158
  • j5.jpg
    j5.jpg
    75.5 KB · Views: 152
  • j6.jpg
    j6.jpg
    77.4 KB · Views: 158
  • j7.jpg
    j7.jpg
    122.3 KB · Views: 152
  • j8.jpg
    j8.jpg
    117.8 KB · Views: 154
  • j9.jpg
    j9.jpg
    92.4 KB · Views: 150
  • j10.jpg
    j10.jpg
    114.3 KB · Views: 150
  • j11.jpg
    j11.jpg
    66 KB · Views: 152
  • j12.jpg
    j12.jpg
    73.9 KB · Views: 150
  • j13.jpg
    j13.jpg
    71.7 KB · Views: 156
  • j14.jpg
    j14.jpg
    81.4 KB · Views: 151
  • j15.jpg
    j15.jpg
    78.2 KB · Views: 149
one person mentioned i could use Vienna sausage cans instead of balls of foil so i suppose i gotta eat some now in order to get the empty cans lol

here is the latest batch of Dons famous UBE ( ugly but effective)jerky in the camp chef pellet smoker. It is High Mountain Hickory flavoring with B&B hickory mixed with pit boss comp blend pellets

The fancy new jerky racks do the job. They aren't pretty but what it took me 6 hours to do last time will take me two hours to do this time. This was 4 pounds of ground beef and when i was done i had cut and bagged 100 sticks in bags of ten (for my mom to freeze and eat when she wants).
I used to have some of those fine mesh trays.I think they came from the dollar store.
Where did you get them?

Thanks,Bill

Sorry you guys i kept looking for replies not realizing my phone had logged out oops lol

I get at walmart in packages of three. I use them for muffins/pizza and many other things i cook in my smoker.

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Expert-Grill-Disposable-Grill-Topper-3-ct-Pack/198264567#read-more

they are so cheap you would not think that you would not even worry about cleanup and just throw them away but with a quick spay before use and a simple wipe down after they can be used over and over and over lol you get the idea.

For example here is one i have used at least 10-12 times over for muffins/biscuits/pizza/bacon/jerky and really your imagination is your only limits lol. other than a slight discoloration this thing looks like its still new

Attachments

• mt1.jpg
    mt1.jpg
    82.5 KB · Views: 131
  • mt2.jpg
    mt2.jpg
    85.2 KB · Views: 133
https://www.walmart.com/ip/Expert-Grill-Disposable-Grill-Topper-3-ct-Pack/198264567#read-more

they are so cheap you would not think that you would not even worry about cleanup and just throw them away but with a quick spay before use and a simple wipe down after they can be used over and over and over lol you get the idea.

For example here is one i have used at least 10-12 times over for muffins/biscuits/pizza/bacon/jerky and really your imagination is your only limits lol. other than a slight discoloration this thing looks like its still new
Yeah,disposable my A**.Mine were cut up/customized for many "projects".

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky