Corn Cob Pellets...

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Yes, 275F is hot but that's what Masterbuilt spec'd for the burn in. I plan to try lower temps soon and see if that helps. I may also have loaded it a bit more than I should and it jumped. It was still the best smoke I ever generated in years of fooling with charcoal and gas just went hot and heavy about an hour in.

So the consensus is cob pellets should burn about the same? That's what I think, due to the pelletization.

Ran 2 rows as a test last night at 160F and I think I was getting about 4 hours per row. I peeked at 3 and was working perfectly and not even to the corner yet. It got too late for me to watch... I gave up at about 5 hours. Easily the best TBS I ever got and MES held perfect temps. Totally digging the cob. Excited!

Last edited:
Smoked some bologna last night 160F and got 4 hours on a single row. I totally get the love about the AMNPS now. All the raves about it seemed a bit over the top but that thing is legitimately amazing.

Smoked some bologna last night 160F and got 4 hours on a single row. I totally get the love about the AMNPS now. All the raves about it seemed a bit over the top but that thing is legitimately amazing.

Congrats on the success!!! Once a person figures out the AMNPS with their setup then it only gets better and better.
I imagine you may rave when you put that Brisket or Pork Butt in at 10pm and then wake up the next morning to find it is ready or still smoking and cooking without any babysitting :D

Those peaceful overnight or super long super low and slow smokes (bacon, sausage, etc.) will now be a much more painless option for you and might actually get on your radar if they weren't on their before now that you can set and forget :D

[QUOTE="tallbm, post: 1777478, member: 121364"
Those peaceful overnight or super long super low and slow smokes (bacon, sausage, etc.) will now be a much more painless option for you and might actually get on your radar if they weren't on their before now that you can set and forget :D[/QUOTE]

Very true words. That stuff is totally on my radar now. Also, thanks to perusing your heatermeter thread I feel a little better about an overnight smoke (hi limit safety). I am the oldest son of a retired Fire Captain...

Very true words. That stuff is totally on my radar now. Also, thanks to perusing your heatermeter thread I feel a little better about an overnight smoke (hi limit safety). I am the oldest son of a retired Fire Captain...

My Heatermeter PID controller gives me a lot of flexibility. Along with the MES safety rollout limit switch to cut temp if exceeding the limit, I can set high and low temp alarms on the HeaterMeter probes so if he smoker probe goes above or below it will wake me up :)

I love the thing!

Boy Howdy !!!! They arrived.... I'm looking forward to smoking with cob...
My buddy in Anacortes picked up a bag, took them goose hunting down on the Or. Wa. border along the Columbia River.. Handed them over to my buddy that owns a Stihl shop.... He dropped them off this morning on his way home...
It's nice to save $35... He did promise they would be here by the New Year...

.............................................. Cob Pellets 002.JPG

Reactions: zwiller
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky