Corn Cob Pellets...

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

daveomak

SMF Hall of Fame Pitmaster
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Nov 12, 2010
Omak,Washington,U.S.A.
I just received a flyer from Todd..... 25% off for Turkey Day Special...
Soooooo, being the procrastinator I am, and looking to save money, I decided it was time to order some Cob pellets and give them a try....
Well, it appears he has discontinued Corn Cob pellets...
The nearest Tractor Supply is 150 miles....
Amazon is ... $45 for 40 pounds.. and I'm not sure if the quality is as good as "Best Cob" pellets from TS....
Anyone know about "Get Cob" pellets ????

And it's not like I'm running out of pellets soon.... about 50#'s.... +/-

Pellet Supply 002.JPG

Reactions: Rings Я Us
Me no find cob pellets anywhere.....

A-MAZE-N-PELLETS STANDARD - 2LB

Standard BBQ Pellet Flavors:
  • Cherry
  • Hickory
  • Maple
  • Oak
  • Pitmaster's Choice - Cherry, Hickory, & Maple Blend

MSRP: $7.99

Our Price: $6.99

Sale Price: $5.99

You save $2.00!

Icon_FreeShipping_Small.gif

A-MAZE-N-PELLETS SPECIALTY - 2LB
Specialty BBQ Pellet Flavors:
  • Alder
  • Apple
  • Chili Pepper Spice
  • Italian Spice - Rosemary, Thyme, Basil
  • Mesquite
  • Pecan

MSRP: $8.99

Our Price: $7.99

Sale Price: $6.99

You save $2.00!

A-MAZE-N PELLETS STANDARD - 5LB
  • Cherry
  • Hickory
  • Maple
  • Oak
  • Pitmasters Choice - Cherry, Hickory, Maple

MSRP: $17.99

Our Price: $15.99

Sale Price: $12.99

You save $5.00!

A-MAZE-N-PELLETS SPECIALTY - 5LB
  • Alder
  • Apple
  • Chili Pepper Spice
  • Garlic Spice
  • Italian Spice - Rosemary, Thyme, Basil
  • Mesquite
  • Pecan

MSRP: $19.99

Our Price: $16.99

Sale Price: $14.99

You save $5.00!

A-MAZE-N-PELLETS STANDARD - 20LB
  • Cherry
  • Hickory
  • Maple
  • Oak
  • Pitmaster's Choice - Cherry, Hickory, & Maple Blend

MSRP: $44.99

Our Price: $39.99

Sale Price: $24.99

You save $20.00!

A-MAZE-N-PELLETS SPECIALTY - 20LB
  • Alder
  • Apple
  • Mesquite
  • Pecan

MSRP: $49.99

Our Price: $44.99

Sale Price: $29.99

You save $20.00!

Very sweet. Not much of a flavor really. Personally, I wasn't much of a fan. It wasn't bad, but I just prefer others.
I probably have 5# left of Todds corn cob that I wont ever use.

Dave, a Tractor Supply just opened up near me in Monroe, but that's probably the one you're talking about. Forty pounds for $10. Do you ever get to this side of the pass?

Nope... There's one in Idaho... Just across the line...

Do you know if they have Best Cob Pellets ??? My buddy is coming over for the "orchard deer hunt" in January... I know he won't be taking the North Cross..... Probably coming through Monroe...

I got the flier for the sale too. I went to order 20# of apple pellets. Real good price with the discount. The deal breaker was the $22.49 for shipping. More than the pellets! Looks like TS and corn cob instead.

I always order $50 to get free shipping... makes it worthwhile to get his quality pellets....

I've never tried smoking with corn but this year I had a modest little harvest of homegrown red popcorn. I need to take the kernels off the cobs anyway so I think I'll try running some cobs in the offset.

TSC is a few blocks from home and picked up a sack of best cob. I used them to season my new MES and used an AMNPS. Question: do cob pellets burn at similar rate as other pellets or faster? I am still dialing in my new setup but barely got 3 hours from 2 rows on the AMNPS (MES set to 275F). I placed it on far left of lowest rack farthest from element.

TSC is a few blocks from home and picked up a sack of best cob. I used them to season my new MES and used an AMNPS. Question: do cob pellets burn at similar rate as other pellets or faster? I am still dialing in my new setup but barely got 3 hours from 2 rows on the AMNPS (MES set to 275F). I placed it on far left of lowest rack farthest from element.

There is a chance your pellets caught fire and jumped rows. This can happen until you figure out your setup.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky