Chicken Taco ABT's

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

sqwib

Smoking Guru
Original poster
OTBS Member
Sep 25, 2007
Philadelphia
September 5th, 2017

Whenever I make these, I just throw them together, no measuring or recipe to follow.

Ingredients
  • Cooked Chicken breast shredded
  • Cream Cheese
  • Three cheese blend
  • Jalapenos
  • Bacon
  • Taco Seasoning
  • Cumin
  • Dark Chili powder

• Shred chicken, and add softened cream cheese, mix well

• Add shredded cheese, mix will, soften in the microwave for twenty seconds if cheeses don;'t mix well.

• Add taco seasoning

• Mix

• I do boats or canoe style ABT's

• Cleaned these with a spoon.

• Stuff

• Wrap

• Season lightly with Cumin and Dark Chili powder

• Grab a beer

• Smoke till done (used cherry on this)

• Enjoy!

we gonna have to call you Mr. ABT .... 
Looks-Great.gif
points.gif

Charlie, Honestly I'm not sure. I don't even bother with temps or time anymore when doing these on my GOSM. I may have posted temp and time on another Chicken Taco ABT thread, I have made these quite a bit over the years.

I guess a good starting point would be 250° for 2 hours, then check to see if the bacon has crisped up, you really only need to cook these till the bacon is the way you like it.

I have discovered that to give them an extra bite, take the pips and the guts you clean out of the peppers, blend them to a pulp and then mix in with the filling.

Reactions: jaxgatorz
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Clicky