Cheese Smoke

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

hardcookin

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
Aug 13, 2015
Northeast
IMG_3872.JPG IMG_3867.JPG
I smoked some cheese 2 weeks ago. Was wondering what size packs do you package your cheese in?
I would just like to tidy the packages up some.

I smoke cheese all winter long. Gets me though the summer heat

Looks good Doug!
It's still a little too hot here for cheese smoking, unless I put it in at 3:00 AM.
Al

51* F here this morning
I buy the 8 oz. blocks most times yours look about the same
Richie

Thanks Al & Richie
The morning I smoked the cheese it was 36 degrees. My smoker temp only got up to 54,I used a tube with apple pellets.

I weighed my cheese most of my blocks are running 15ozs.

Last edited:
I've been smoking cheeses up for the last couple of months. With a 30" electric and temps in the 90's I can hold temps in the smoker in the 60's with an ice pan.

3 hours of apple, maple and or pear smoke, vac pac for a minimum of 2 weeks and every week after that it gets better and better.

I but 8 oz blocks at wally world or the local grocery store (typically 5 or 6 at a time). This helps stage out the aging process.

I have smoked up about 60 blocks since August but only have about 40 blocks left. Between eating a few blocks and giving away to F&F this stuff goes quick,

I've been smoking cheeses up for the last couple of months. With a 30" electric and temps in the 90's I can hold temps in the smoker in the 60's with an ice pan.

3 hours of apple, maple and or pear smoke, vac pac for a minimum of 2 weeks and every week after that it gets better and better.

I but 8 oz blocks at wally world or the local grocery store (typically 5 or 6 at a time). This helps stage out the aging process.

I have smoked up about 60 blocks since August but only have about 40 blocks left. Between eating a few blocks and giving away to F&F this stuff goes quick,

Seems like it could be an on going process to keep some smoked cheese in stock. I think that the next batch is going to be Gouda cheese.

I usually stock up when Cabot cheese goes on sale. It's normally about 2.50 for an 8oz. block. So when it goes on sale for 1.60 per block I buy it up. 8oz. blocks seem to be a good size, I would cut the 15oz. in half.

Chris

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky