Bradford Pear tree

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

upsman

Meat Mopper
Original poster
May 31, 2010
Spring Hill Tn
I have a question for anyone that may know if it would be safe to smoke with Bradford Pear wood. i sure see alot of them down because of their instabilty and being in the pear family. preciate anyone that replys to this question.

yeah that is why i wanted to put it out on here for sure first  Bama BBQ hey Thank you so much for replying and ROLL TIDE! hope to get ahold of smokeman scientist Dr Smoke that knows eerything about smoke and wood. having a hard time getting ahold of him

your link mentions Pear but not bradford pear big difference in the trees really even though they are pear trees of the same family. well maybe i'll be the first to ever try some Bradford pear and let you all know in the future hehehehe!

It's been brought up for discussion before... don't remember what the results were... did you use the handy dandy search bar ?

My neighbor just trimmed a ton of his Bradford pear limbs that were damaged in a recent storm, but I passed on them.  Some were 6" thick and would have made good chunks when cut up.

I've see the same question come up between cherry and "choke" or wild cherry that we have in the south (which is a much smaller scrub type tree).  I doubt it is the real "choke cherry" because I've looked it up and according to the internet, it does not grow anywhere near Georgia.  So I'm not 100% sure we have around here (it's not "real" cherry though).  I've got some that's well seasoned and supposed to be wild cherry that I keep saying I will try, but......  I hate to mess up meat (sigh).  

So call me chicken I guess..... (or smoked meat lover)

Last edited:
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky