Berkel 808 cleaning and lubrication

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
I think he's got you covered!

I just use a little 3-1 oil on the moving parts & sharpen the blade once in a while. I have a Torrey 12" commercial slicer.

Al

We just take it apart after using & clean with Dawn liquid soap. Dry & lubricate the moving parts (if needed).

That's it.

Al

Although my slicer is a Hobart 1612, cleaning should pretty much be the same. Disassemble whatever you can like meat tray, blade covers and wash with hot soapy water. I let mine air dry completely. I put it back together, then I use disinfecting wipes and wipe down all surfaces and let it all air dry One thing NOT to use is any kind of WD-40 or spray cooking oil. That stuff will gum up the works so bad.

I like the non serrated blade so you can put a stone against the beveled side for sharpening while it's going. My carriage is permanently attached so I try to plastic wrap what I can so gelatin etc. Is stuck to it for easier cleaning. I use mineral oil on the carrage slide but food grade grease lasts longer.
-Kurt

I like the non serrated blade so you can put a stone against the beveled side for sharpening while it's going. My carriage is permanently attached so I try to plastic wrap what I can so gelatin etc. Is stuck to it for easier cleaning. I use mineral oil on the carrage slide but food grade grease lasts longer.
-Kurt

Your 2 years late

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky