August 2017 Throwdown - Yardbird Voting Thread

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

The winner is????

• 1.Whole chicken rubbed the night before and smoked for 5 hours on the chargrill. Veggie skewers alon

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 2. 1/2 Lemon pepper rotisserie chicken, bacon cheddar macaroni salad, Italian cut green beans.

• 3. At least a dozen chicken wings, multiple quarters and bacon wrapped chicken breasts were found on

• 4. Chicken roulade ,bacon wrapped. Filling of sun dried tomato, feta & spinach. Sauce of reduced chi

• 5. Peach Smoked Boneless Chicken Breast on a bed of Baby Bok Choy,with Chicken Lo-Mein I could not f

• 6. Top left going clockwise - Fried Andouille Chips, Sweet Cherry Peppers, HOT Pickled Peppers, App

• 7.Smoked Chicken Phiily CheeseSteak - Hickory smoked and then seared on the flat top chicken covered

• 8.Chicken Galantine, stuffed with homade Chipotle sausage and pork mix with smoked / roasted red bel

• 9.South Western YardBird and Waffles - Boneless Thighs around Cheese Stuffed Pablano Chile, Wrapped

• 10.Just a four piece chicken dinner, smoked then grilled to set the sauce, with baked beans and mix

• 11.Hatch Chile Jiggle Chicken - Whole chicken deboned and cured. Stuffed with fresh roasted hatch ch

• 12.Chicken rubbed inside, out and under the skin with SSPOG and dried herbs from the garden. Spun on

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
I got 1 vote from griz .. lol .. bet Trump voted for himself also ..............

[emoji]128077[/emoji] right! Is handing out flyers to 300 homes near me with instructions to join the forum and vote, with a pic of my food in the flyer, considered cheating? Just to be clear..

[emoji]128514[/emoji]

Last edited:
I certainly hope nobody here would be shameless and despicable enough to cheat.

Unfortunately there are rumors that it has happened in the past. Or so I've been told.

There's no real way to monitor that on the members voting.

That is why there is also the judges choice and why the judges are kept secret.

Which as soon as I get those votes I all in I'll post the winners thread.

Case

Oh wow.. hope nobody gets that selfish and ruins everyone's fun.. so much better to like everyone and trust everyone. Like a little sanctuary here to come relax and read.. and enjoy peoples hobby fun.

Makes me feel good to see others in their success as they try out all the new techniques of smoking .. it's so fun to watch real time and people doing things they want to succeed at and then get rewards of praise..

Would be a shame to see anyone take that away from deserving fellow smokers really trying to keep it real.. and fun

Last edited:
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Clicky