Another Eye Round (Sous Vide Test #3)

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
very nice .. really like the sammie with gravy and fries .. p:cool:int to you

Thank You Griz!!
Funny---That Hot Roast Beef with Gravy was the only thing I ever ordered when I was a kid & we went to a restaurant.
And it was the only thing our Son ordered at restaurants for many years too!!
And Thanks for the Like.

Bear

Looks great Bear!
You should try searing it with a torch.
It's quick & gives it a nice crust.
Al

Thank You Al !!!
I do sear with a torch sometimes & sometimes with a Grill Pan, and sometimes on my Weber Q.
However like I said above, this time we didn't want a crust, just like I never sear the Chicken Breasts that Mrs Bear uses to make Chicken Salad. Sometimes you just Don't want a Crust.
And Thanks for the Like.

Bear

The picture under "All sliced up & just right inside:" is absolutely beautiful. That's the way well cooked meat should look. Not only delicious to eat but pleasing to the eye to behold.

The picture under "All sliced up & just right inside:" is absolutely beautiful. That's the way well cooked meat should look. Not only delicious to eat but pleasing to the eye to behold.

Thank You Willie!!
Yup---My favorite color of Meat.
And Thanks for the Like.

Bear

Bear, Fine looking eye, sounds like you have the times down pat!

Thank You CM!!!
LOL---It might take a few tests, but this is another one zeroed in on, for my Step by Step Index.
Now I know exactly what to do next time.
And Thanks for the Like.

Bear

Hot beef and gravy sammich with fries,I’ll take two! Air fryer used for the fries? I’m not going SV but air fryer is still a possibility.

Thank You b-one!!
Not the AirFryer this time. Mrs Bear had some big Steak Fries in the Freezer to use up in the toaster oven, and they go good with gravy.
And Thanks for the Like.

Bear

Can't say enough about sous vide - it is one of the easiest way to make cooking foolproof.

Looks great, John

Last edited:
You gotta try a Chuck Roast.
So far that's the only thing I've done SV that was even better than this Eye Round.
Here's the Chucky done SV:
Chuck Roast (Best Ever—SV)

Bear
Funny you say that... I put one in last night. Wrapped the pot in towels so the sous vide wouldn't have to work as hard. Thinking about finishing with a torch. May chicken out and use the grill though.

Attachments

• 20171127_165856.jpg
    20171127_165856.jpg
    79.9 KB · Views: 66
Funny you say that... I put one in last night. Wrapped the pot in towels so the sous vide wouldn't have to work as hard. Thinking about finishing with a torch. May chicken out and use the grill though.

Grill, Torch, or Pan all work good, as long as you do it quick, so the meat near the surface doesn't get too done & toughen up on you.

Bear

Alright!! Another gadget for me to play with!! Ima get one.

That looks darn tasty Bear. Thank you for sharing.

Alright!! Another gadget for me to play with!! Ima get one.

That looks darn tasty Bear. Thank you for sharing.

Thank You Norm!!
I got the "Sous Vide Supreme", and I love it !!
No motor noise, holds heat Great.
I got it because I wanted to leave it out & it looks nice on the counter.

They have Circulators that are a lot cheaper, but we didn't have room in any drawers or cabinets.

And Thanks for the Like.

Bear

You gotta try a Chuck Roast.
So far that's the only thing I've done SV that was even better than this Eye Round.
Here's the Chucky done SV:
Chuck Roast (Best Ever—SV)

Bear
Here is my sous vide chuck roast. Probably the best steak I can ever remember having! 135° for 48 hours. I started it using directions from my Anova app. I will try using your methods next time to compare.

Attachments

• 20171129_153446.jpg
    20171129_153446.jpg
    110 KB · Views: 68
  • 20171129_154000.jpg
    20171129_154000.jpg
    124.5 KB · Views: 70
  • 20171129_154042.jpg
    20171129_154042.jpg
    97.1 KB · Views: 64
Here is my sous vide chuck roast. Probably the best steak I can ever remember having! 135° for 48 hours. I started it using directions from my Anova app. I will try using your methods next time to compare.

Looks Great,
However try 21 hours @ 131° or 132°, and see what you think.
I think you'll like that even better. Let me know.

Then try my Chuck Roast SV Step by Step. That's even better. I can't believe how good they get.

Bear

Bear, you said you seasoned with just pepper, garlic and onion powder. Did you not season it with any salt? Just curious, as usually I salt the meat before sous vide, but maybe due to the long cook time you salted it afterwards?

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky