A little outdoor storage space for smoker gear

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

wahoowad

Meat Mopper
Original poster
Aug 2, 2014
Virginia
I make too many trips in and out of the house when smoking stuff so shopped around for a small outdoor cabinet. I liked this at Lowes (and Home Depot) and bought it today when I saw it had gone on sale for $109. Assembly was easy and it looks water-resistant and sturdy enough for my purposes.

Over time I'm sure I'll outfit it better, but for now it will be handy to have these few items an arms reach away now. The only annoying part was you have to create your own shelves but they give you a pattern and I made 2 shelves in about 20 minutes. I have room to add a third shelf if needed.

sFYObm5h.jpg
rJU7PIwh.jpg

https://www.lowes.com/pd/Suncast-Co...mensions-2-3-ft-x-1-8-ft-Storage-Shed/3903294

Reactions: noboundaries
I'm trying to identify an organizer to keep my different wood chunks separated. For me, as woods dry and the bark falls off, they sometimes are harder to discern the difference. I'm trying to decide between little mesh bags that can hold a half dozen chunks each of oak, hickory, cherry, apple and maple or some kind of trays/bins. This will certainly eat up a little space.

I used kitty litter buckets. Of course, my wood chunks are quite a bit smaller. :) I do have a big bin full of apple chunks and I keep the rest of the chunks in the bags that they came in. But those buckets would work. I do 95% of my smoking with those 3 kinds of wood.

shelf_pellets.jpg

I like that! Very clean. I keep a smaller amount of chunks on hand though, maybe a couple weeks worth. The rest stay in log form and I cut off what I think I will need for the short term.

Added a few touches. Now just need to get to my next smoke and see what else will help

mK02M5Dh.jpg

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky