Yet another new guy !!!!!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

forktender

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Jun 10, 2008
NORCAL
Hi ya'll ........my name is Dan I am happily married, my wifes name is Carol.
We do not have kids.......but we do have one heck of a bird dog named Jake (yellow Lab )

I just bought a upright propane perfect flame smoker.
I am new to all of this smoking ..........I do have a background in cooking .
My Italalin family brought me up in the kicthen teaching me the ways of cooking ,starting me out when I was just a little guy.
I love BBQ I think it is the foods of the Gods !

I came to this site hoping ya'll could teach and coach me in the ways of smoking.

I look foward too learning a lot form ya'll !

Thank you for this great site I hope to make a bunch of new friends.

I hope I'm not a pain in your neck with all of my newbe questions.

Thanks.......and good to be here.
Dan

Hi and welcome
PDT_Armataz_01_37.gif
You may want to get Jeff's 5 day free E course, and also become a premium member for .04 cents a a day.

It's a great place to learn. Ask away.

Welcome aboard Dan to SMF,you at the right place to learn about smoking.If you have questions just ask away,evryone here is friendly
and willing to answer any questions you have on smoking.
biggrin.gif

Welcome to the forum Dan. Don't sweat it, we were all newbies at some point! What you learn from the great people in this site will have you kicking out the best BBQ of your life in no time!!!

Hello Dan, and welcome to the SMF. We are a friendly membership who love to share and help each other with questions. Feel free to ask, and you'll soon get some good feedback.

welcome! you just made a very smart move by joining this club, I am new to smoking myself but the knowledge of the people here will get you up to speed in no time at all. Jeffs 5 day e=course is a must, and his rub recipe is top notch as well, havent tryed the sauce yet, but am sure its top notch as well.

Again, welcome and dont be afraid to ask any questions.
PDT_Armataz_01_37.gif

Welcome to SMF Dan. I hope we help with your smoking experience. I'm sure that you will have your own tips that you develop as you learn that we would love to hear about. Don't forget the Q-View.

I have only been here a few months and my q is better because of it. There are some great guys and gals here who will be happy to hellp. In the meantime if you are new to smoke check out the smokin woods section. It has broadened my horizons and just recently discovered pecan since I moved south. Good luck and good q.
Rick

PDT_Armataz_01_37.gif
Welcome; you've got a bird dog? Yellow labs are OK, I guess. If you've trained your own dog to follow commands; you've got a head start on kids. If I had learned to train my Shorthairs before becoming a high school teacher; I'd been much better at teaching. Happy Smoke Rings and Blue Wisps from Sedalia, MO.
PDT_Armataz_01_40.gif

Sorry I didn't get back to ya'll......Yeastrday was a busy one .
This work stuff really gets in the way lots of fun things.
Well I just wanted to say thank you for the warm welcome.
Looks like I found myself a new home..........Can't wait to get things rolling with this new smoker.

Nice to meat....lol.....ya'll !
Dan

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky