Yet another new guy !!!!!

Discussion in 'Roll Call' started by forktender, Jun 10, 2008.

1. forktender

forktender Meat Mopper

Hi ya'll ........my name is Dan I am happily married, my wifes name is Carol.
    We do not have kids.......but we do have one heck of a bird dog named Jake (yellow Lab )

I just bought a upright propane perfect flame smoker.
    I am new to all of this smoking ..........I do have a background in cooking .
    My Italalin family brought me up in the kicthen teaching me the ways of cooking ,starting me out when I was just a little guy.
    I love BBQ I think it is the foods of the Gods !

I came to this site hoping ya'll could teach and coach me in the ways of smoking.

I look foward too learning a lot form ya'll !

Thank you for this great site I hope to make a bunch of new friends.

I hope I'm not a pain in your neck with all of my newbe questions.

Thanks.......and good to be here.
    Dan

2. ronp

ronp Smoking Guru OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

Hi and welcome[​IMG] You may want to get Jeff's 5 day free E course, and also become a premium member for .04 cents a a day.

It's a great place to learn. Ask away.

3. Welcome aboard Dan to SMF,you at the right place to learn about smoking.If you have questions just ask away,evryone here is friendly
    and willing to answer any questions you have on smoking.[​IMG]

4. seboke

seboke Master of the Pit OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

Welcome to the forum Dan. Don't sweat it, we were all newbies at some point! What you learn from the great people in this site will have you kicking out the best BBQ of your life in no time!!!

5. smoke_chef

smoke_chef Smoking Fanatic SMF Premier Member

6. richoso1

richoso1 Smoking Guru OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

Hello Dan, and welcome to the SMF. We are a friendly membership who love to share and help each other with questions. Feel free to ask, and you'll soon get some good feedback.

7. krusher

krusher Smoking Fanatic OTBS Member

welcome! you just made a very smart move by joining this club, I am new to smoking myself but the knowledge of the people here will get you up to speed in no time at all. Jeffs 5 day e=course is a must, and his rub recipe is top notch as well, havent tryed the sauce yet, but am sure its top notch as well.

Again, welcome and dont be afraid to ask any questions.[​IMG]

8. kookie

kookie Master of the Pit OTBS Member

Welcome to the smf...................Great to have you here.................

9. lcruzen

lcruzen Master of the Pit OTBS Member

Hi Dan and welcome. Just ask away and you'll get all the info/guidance you'll need.

10. smokin out the neighbors

smokin out the neighbors Smoking Fanatic SMF Premier Member

Welcome to SMF Dan. I hope we help with your smoking experience. I'm sure that you will have your own tips that you develop as you learn that we would love to hear about. Don't forget the Q-View.

11. cinnamonkc

cinnamonkc Smoking Fanatic OTBS Member

Welcome Dan, Lots of great information here!

12. blacklab

blacklab Master of the Pit SMF Premier Member

Another victim has fallen into the smokeing addiction [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG] Welcome to the board [​IMG]

13. shooterrick

shooterrick Master of the Pit Group Lead OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

I have only been here a few months and my q is better because of it. There are some great guys and gals here who will be happy to hellp. In the meantime if you are new to smoke check out the smokin woods section. It has broadened my horizons and just recently discovered pecan since I moved south. Good luck and good q.
    Rick

14. meat-man

meat-man Smoking Fanatic SMF Premier Member

Hi I am new here myself and I wanted to say hi

15. cowgirl

cowgirl Smoking Guru OTBS Member

Welcome aboard Dan!

16. agmeyer

agmeyer Meat Mopper SMF Premier Member

[​IMG] Welcome; you've got a bird dog? Yellow labs are OK, I guess. If you've trained your own dog to follow commands; you've got a head start on kids. If I had learned to train my Shorthairs before becoming a high school teacher; I'd been much better at teaching. Happy Smoke Rings and Blue Wisps from Sedalia, MO.
    [​IMG]

17. bbqgoddess

bbqgoddess Master of the Pit OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

Welcome Dan ~
    DITTO Seboke!

18. forktender

forktender Meat Mopper

Sorry I didn't get back to ya'll......Yeastrday was a busy one .
    This work stuff really gets in the way lots of fun things.
    Well I just wanted to say thank you for the warm welcome.
    Looks like I found myself a new home..........Can't wait to get things rolling with this new smoker.

Nice to meat....lol.....ya'll !
    Dan

19. waysideranch

waysideranch Master of the Pit OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

Welcome Dano....................

20. bb53chevpro

bb53chevpro Master of the Pit OTBS Member

Welcome to the forum. Great place to learn.
    Remember, Thin Blue Smoke