Yesterday's Q-View

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

hawgheaven

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
May 5, 2007
Although it was raining and miserable yesterday, I needed a smoke fix! I was on a tight schedule, so I decided to do some ribs. I'll tell ya', I think these were the best ones yet...

I did the usual prep with rub on Saturday for the next day's smoke. So yesterday, I ran the smoker up to 250, using RO lump and hickory chunks. Once the smoke and temp stablized, the ribs and skirt meat hit the grates. I adjusted the heat to 225 for the duration.

One of the racks of ribs started to pull back at a 2 hours, so I foiled them, adding a mix of apple juice and Old Grand-Dad. The other rack started pulling back at about 2 1/2 hours, then it got the same treatment.

I left them both in the foil for about 1 1/2 hours, then removed the foil, sauced with a little homemade Q sauce and let each of them go for 1/2 hour more on the grates.

They were AWESOME!! The meat came off the bone with a little crunch... perfect! The scraps were pulled off the grates when the first rack came off. They got chunked up and now await their final destination in the freezer...

Here's the beginning:

ribson.jpg

My trusty rain protection:

rain.jpg

They're done!

ribsdone.jpg

Ready to eat:

ribscut.jpg

Thanks all! Guess what I'm having for lunch today...?
PDT_Armataz_01_12.gif

The ribs look GREAT! Can you send some of them down here along with all of that rain. We need rain here. I would be happy to sit on the porch watching the rain on the lake eating some ribs.

None. The cook was marinating in a martini...

Mike, the umbrella has been designated as mine... all mine!
PDT_Armataz_01_34.gif

Thanks all!

Hey Pop Pop Phil,
I guess that's what I was smelling outside my house yesterday
icon_lol.gif

They look very good! I give you kudos for cooking out in that mess we had yesterday. Today ain't much better.
Good Que to ya,
Ron

Thanks! If it weren't for the sacraficial umbrella, I probably would have stayed indoors and drank...
PDT_Armataz_01_12.gif

I agree Phil, you did an out standing job.
icon_biggrin.gif
You must not have much wind at your place, I sure couldn't use that umbrella very much here, it would be in the next county before long.
frown.gif

Thanks bro... they were near perfect!

Terry, thanks! The day was just rainy, no wind at all. That umbrella is only good on calm days for sure...

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky