Yeah right

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Didn't you hear? Us peasants have been revolting for centuries 
biggrin.gif

Wade, ordered another one of them controller with 1/2 inch BSP a Connector, fitted ball valves between fan and smoker, and smoker temp is spot on!

Saw the consultant today. Why do they cause you more pain.Both knees have torn meniscus cartilage, and need an op, break leg, cut a wedge of bone out.
Waiting list is 52 weeks !! A year of more pain !!
Hi Dave, 

I would see a different consultant.  The majority of menisectomy's are done keyhole these days, whereby they only trim the meniscus.  Even for an "open" menisectomy where the procedure in not carried out through keyhole surgery they do not actually break the leg, (as in fracture it) they, they will make the incision, and either trim or remove the meniscus that way.  As the operation is an "open" procedure, recovery times are longer.  

so you should be able to do light duties after 1 week, and fully mobile within 4 weeks. 

On a lighter note, congrats on your great news, kids over a certain age will always do it their way as they know best !!......I am sure we did !!   

It's tough bringing kids up, but as long you are there for them that's all that matters.  The great thing about being a grand-dad is that you can give them back!!

Look at it this way its a home made junior apprentice Quer that will adore everything gramps does while ignoring dad, win win!

Hi Dave, 

I would see a different consultant.  The majority of menisectomy's are done keyhole these days, whereby they only trim the meniscus.  Even for an "open" menisectomy where the procedure in not carried out through keyhole surgery they do not actually break the leg, (as in fracture it) they, they will make the incision, and either trim or remove the meniscus that way.  As the operation is an "open" procedure, recovery times are longer.  

so you should be able to do light duties after 1 week, and fully mobile within 4 weeks. 

On a lighter note, congrats on your great news, kids over a certain age will always do it their way as they know best !!......I am sure we did !!   

It's tough bringing kids up, but as long you are there for them that's all that matters.  The great thing about being a grand-dad is that you can give them back!!
Hi Smokewood

I have had that twice and they are both torn. The breaking of the leg is Tibial Ostectom, http://www.kneesociety.org/web/patienteducation_osteo.html

Got You Osprey, You are opting for the whole shooting match with a Tibial Osteotomy.  It's going to be a long haul on recovery, and please don't overdo it post op and try to rush the recovery phase, otherwise  you will do more damage in the long run.  

It is always worth leaving a message with the surgeon (or their secretary) and let them know that you are prepared to undergo surgery at short notice if there is a cancellation, by doing that you can sometimes have your surgery earlier.  

That;s my mother hen bit over.

Best Wishes

Last edited:
Thoughts with you mate. had a hip replacement couple of years ago when i was living in Spain had it done in Exeter. but with right attitude and physio was back to work in 2 weeks desk bound mind you and very careful.
You will be fine im sure of it good luck

nice plane, the old nuclear bomber, me and the lad went to see her on the round britain fly past a few weeks ago, great vantage point above lake windermere...well it would have been if the dam plane wasnt at 5000 feet lol

lee

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky