Wood supplier in Houston/ Sugar Land Area?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

docasherman

Original poster
Aug 26, 2014
Anyone know of a good supply for oak, pecan, and hickory? I'm looking for someone who sells bulk, not boxes of chips for $40. Thanks!

Docasherman , I've not been in Houston inyears , but when I need Smoking wood , I'd jump in my P/U and drive to La. , or go into the "Thicket' . Boys there are looking for a chance to make monet and will do their best to please you...

I had a 'Buddy' in Beaubridge ( a very animated Black gentleman ,Mr. Johnson) he would break his arm off to get exactly what you wanted...and Cheap
icon_eek.gif
. My F-250 ,full to the sides and mounded , was $50 total . He helped load too
icon_exclaim.gif

Get on CL and look for wood , lots of possibilities there...

Oh, and a nice daytrip , cruise about , may turn up some Farmer's willing to sell wood. Use every advantage...
icon14.gif

Good luck and  . . .

Hi DocAsherman, I am on the North side of H-town and know that there are plenty of people on craigslist selling several varities of wood on all sides of the city. I have a number for a guy on the north side but would be a long drive for you.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky