Who's cooking Q 12/15-12/16

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

fatback joe

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
Jun 13, 2007
Hampden, MA
Alright, what's going on at your place this weekend. And don't try blaming the weather........
mad.gif

I got a butt, chicken parts, and some bacon to do this weekend, but not particular game plan. Most likely will be chicken on Saturday and Butt on Sunday with the bacon possibly on Saturday night.

Says the Florida girly-man weather lover! ;{)

Just some uncased summer sausage for gifts, and some jerky for cash :{)
And of course, serving the salmon <Second batch heh> at a big B-day party for a friend. Also, I'll be helping man the grill there, he's doing lamb chops and a leg roast...sooo does that count?

Hey rich... the weather is going to suck here this weekend! Lows of 65, winds of 20-25 knots, and rainy.
And in all that I am going fishing.
PDT_Armataz_01_23.gif
Not by choice but there is a tournament.

I have a 8lb. pork butt,a case of beer,Jose Cuervo has made a visit to my house for the weekend,nothing that resembles work in any way.I am going to watch sports,scratch,smoke,drink,nap,until Monday morning when I go back to work.Weekends...You gotta love um!!!

I'm doing a butt, bologna and probably a fatty. Might even get some wings done. Having some folks over to play the "Man Law Game". Might drink a beer too.

I am planning on a batch of venison summer sausage. I have to dig through the freezer, tonight, to get to my trimmings. Things should go much easier this weekend. I had to put on my electrician hat last weekend, and install an outdoor 20amp, dedicated outlet. I was getting tired of running an extension cord out the basement window. Especially when it's ZERO outside.
PDT_Armataz_01_19.gif

It looks like I will be doing a Rack of babybacks, a fatty or two and maybe some of Dutch's beans. Supposed to be windy with snow, in the garage I go.

When I think of smoking a fatty something else comes to mind. Would someone please explain what a fatty is?

I am getting an early start....Just started 9 pound of Canadian Bacon...Two 2 pound Fatty's , stuffed with Cheddar cheese and peppers and onion, and 4 pounds of Ground beef jerky...Bought a pork butt this morning, so I will probably do it Sunday..30 degrees and windy here....
Podevil

10#s of jerky bout finished in merinade-put alot of small pieces on today,with a group of ABTs & some of deejays bacon wrapped chicken livers-fried the rest for lunch.Did a beer up the butt chicken on the grill yesterday(boy did mama love it)my bro did buckboard bacon yesterday-so maybe look for a loin tomarrow and get it soaking-my other bro close by has a stainless steel tank(6ft tall X24 in. round) I trying to get from him (looks positive) next smoker project!anyway gonna be a jerky we on the smoker & I sure I will Q. somthing.

I'll be taking my MES for it's first run tonight after I get home from work. Doing a salmon filet. Temps in the mid 30s, scattered showers, mild wind. Sounds like perfect smoking weather to me!
sweet.gif

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky