Whole hog on a spit.

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Well, it looks I'm doing a little 21 lb suckling pig on Saturday. My son asked me to do a piggie for his 19th birthday. He's legal to drink now, so it looks like some piggie & some good Canadian Whisky.

Well, it looks I'm doing a little 21 lb suckling pig on Saturday. My son asked me to do a piggie for his 19th birthday. He's legal to drink now, so it looks like some piggie & some good Canadian Whisky.
Congrats Darko.....    Are you having a "Break His Dinner Plate" ritual also..
biggrin.gif
....     Should be a great time.....   All the best to your son......    Dave

Well, it didn't work out as I had planned.

It was too cold & windy. 

I couldn't do piggie on the rotisserie, so I figured I'll just barbecue it.  Well that didn't work either. It was so windy that I couldn't keep temperture up in the BBQ. After an hour or so, I decided to do it in the oven. In the end, it turned out wonderfully juicy & tender. The pig got a bit of smoke before it went into the oven, but not as much as I would have liked. But it doesn't really matter. Once all was said & done, the porkie was delicious, tender, juicy, and the skin was nice and crispy.

I'll probably do another one in January.

That piggy looks really good...... Lots of good pickin' on it..... Was there a fight to see who got the cheeks and the tail...

No fight! I ate those!!!!!! before it got to the table.

Actually, looking at the picture, the colour is much lighter than it was in reality.

omg, just realized this thread started almost 2 years old???  feb/12.  i was gonna say the piggy on the spit is not the same one on the baking tray???   either way, nice job AK1.  it is definately to cold in the month of feb and the box is a little big to retain heat in those temps, you know that anyways, but im sure in the summer months, that unit of yours is the bomb!!! 

I'm really liking this suckling pig. It was much less work than I expected, and it was really tasty. I can see myself doing this on a semi regular basis. Looking at peoples reaction, there's nothing like seeing a whole pig on a platter going to the table.

I'm really liking this suckling pig. It was much less work than I expected, and it was really tasty. I can see myself doing this on a semi regular basis. Looking at peoples reaction, there's nothing like seeing a whole pig on a platter going to the table.
icon14.gif

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky