White fish Qview

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

smokingd

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
Apr 2, 2009
Vegreville, AB, Canada
Brining in 4cups water, 1c brownsugar, 1/2 cup Kosher salt, Soya sauce, garlic and onion powder. I would have prefered fillets but this is what I had.

Pat and let air dry for 1/2 an hour

Slap on Smoker around 225F

Then I went with some bacon wrapped asparagus

Looks great, Dennis. Nice job!
smile.gif

nothing wrong with them steaks you smoked there. i could go either way fillets or steaks. you know you have one of the top two(lake trout the other) very best fish there for smoking right??? lucky you to be able to enjoy!!! grab a few beers, some ritz crackers, and some a thet whitefish... and you got it made!!! looks great man
PDT_Armataz_01_34.gif

That fish looks delicious, and the smoketime relatively short....I will try to smoke some fish this weekend....Thanks for the inspiration.

Oh - looks fantastic!!!

I agree, for steaks or small filets you don't need to brine too long at all.

Thanks for the post! Again, looks really tasty.

Best,
Trout

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky