where to get the heating element?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

skor

Original poster
Oct 21, 2012
im going to build a propane smoker but dont know where to look for the propane heating element any ideas?

Google it, there are a few sites that sell them. I was looking for a smaller burner for my GOSM once and found some sites online. I ended up taking the side burner out of my gas grill and using it so that's an idea too. Try replacement parts for gas grills and there's always the easy to find turkey fryer.

Last edited:
There are quite a few here that use this model from Northern Tool.  Has three flame rings and three controls so you get a wide range of output if you need something other than full blast.  I'm sure Pops and some of the others will offer their opinion of this model in the thread shortly.

http://www.northerntool.com/shop/tools/product_15490_15490

I bought this exact same burner from Northern Tool about five years ago. I use mine at a group picnic. With a large pan of water on top it keeps a Calderon of beans hot all day. It is a high output burner. Even just using the smaller inner ring it will keep five gallons of beans piping hot. I think it would be too powerful for a smoker. I even have to put a heat shield under it to protect the picnic table.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky