Where are all the Smokers in the NW

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

timbre

Original poster
Aug 20, 2008
I have been on here for a while and have seen very little activity from the great Pacific Northwest.

We don't have any comps besides the Canadian Championships at Whistler (which I missed last week)

I would really like to talk to others in the area that enjoy smoking stuff (not the green stuff) and come up with a plan to start having events or at least gatherings.

Any others from the NW chime in.

To top it off I think I can count on 1 hand the good bbq resturants in the seattle area.. ARGH

Notice member smokedetector just joined recently form Seattle, gotta go welcome him to the site right now as a matter of fact, but at least there is one other member from the NW.
I'm sure there must be a few out there.

there are several of us from the NW here i live over on the coast with all the vampires and warewolves LOL in Forks lots of guys from all over Washington here just do a search for Washington state it will tell you who all is from and where they are from

*waves hand wildly* Helooo from Oregon! Just started in July, have had great success with ribs, shoulders, and chix (thanks to this wonderfull forum!) with my Char-Griller Smokin' Pro 800.

Think I might try making some smoked salmon next.

There are many people all over the NW smokin stuff! Check out "PNWBA" on google to find area competitions. That's Pacific North West BBQ Association.

See there. There are some smokers in the NW so all you have to do is ask something and "poof" theres the answer.

Hi from BC , there were comps held in Trail BC , Whistler, Kelowna, And Calgary Alberta just to name a few.
There are quite a few smokers in the NW it's just that we are a more refined bunch than those Rowdy Yahoos living in the rest of North America.

( settle down kiddies its a joke )
PDT_Armataz_01_01.gif

Lurker from Oregon. I don't post much but I actively smoke something in my heavily modified offset (meat related) on a weekly basis. Mostly ABT's, spare ribs, salmon, sturgeon, brisket, loin/ham, brats and fatties.

Dallas, Oregon here. I smoke something (in the smoker) almost every weekend. I check this site at least once a day. I've been amazed at what I have learned from everyone here.

Woodland Wa here, new guy, dont smoke much, but starting to do more, I love a good tasting slab of meat!! Would be interested in setting up a nice spring early summer week end to get together and share some ideas. Kind of have a BBQ of sorts bring what you can cook what you want, share it with everyone! Sounds like fun to me!

Then there's me in Bellingham, Hoss is down in Snohomish County, Striper hides out on Whidbey Island. Oh, we're here but like our neighbor to the North says, we try to remain "refined" (that's not what I've heard). We'd not have known you were hiding out in Seattle area (I'm sorry, but it must be nice to be #1 in the Nation, for the worst traffic in the US, according to the latest survey). Brings up a question though, can you run your smoker if your area is under EPA ban for wood smoke, except where wood is your only source of residence heat, like King county was last week?

Smokey Point here!

I just FLOPPED on a batch of brined jerky. The ground/pressed came out good to go though!!!

Mark

I probably don't count any more as a Pacific Northwesterner as I'll be moving back to St Louis at the end of the week. For now, I am still in Gold Hill, OR and we just smoked some Boston Butts this past weekend in 33 degree weather!
icon_wink.gif

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky