What's your occupation?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
I have worked right at 42 years come July 1, 2014 at the same place .Plan on retiring end of April 2014 ,the " LORD "  willing .
grilling_smilie.gif
Truck Driver ,Weider,Press operator

Last edited:
Have been employed with New Orleans Hilton Riverside for almost 34 years as the asst, Director of Banquets, F&B has always been my thing. I also like brewing beer, making wine and some home distilling.

40 years in the beer business. Now I mow the local golf course and a few other odd jobs to stay busy. Golfing fishing hunting and anything else it feel like doing.

Reactions: jack52
I am retired, have been since 2005 when the beer company I worked for decided they didn't want part time salesmen, after doing that for 5 years working 2 days a week.

I've been a welder and machine operator most of my life. Took early retirement from Harley Davidson , York, PA, during their downsizing/restructuring in 2010 (not by choice exactly)

Served in the navy as a engineman then worked at a couple of places doing different things and now I have worked for the last 20 years as a weld tech repairing,maintaining and programing welding/matrial handling robots. Love my job but plan on retireing in april of 2028....lol

I actually work for beer companies (6 over a period of 26 years 3-4 days a week) and worked as mechanic part time then also. Plus drove a semi for a little while part time. Before this time I was working two full time jobs during the summer for a couple years, nothing paid much so had to do what I could to make a living, best paying job was beer truck driver. I started working in public jobs in 1965 and farmed and we also logged on the side.

What I get a paycheck for,

I work for the State of Arkansas as a Skilled tradesman, in other words my jib title is Journeyman Carpenter,

I build custom cabinets and other custom wood work furniture for the handicapped residents of a long term care nursing facility. 

I am a Firefighter/Paramedic in Jacksonville Fla. I have worked here for 23 years and plan to retire in 2 more years.

nice idea sisco. glad to hear you found yourself a palatable position ,, urgh. me? I'm a Clairvoyant Energy Therapist, now say that fast. I have a diploma in clinical hypnotherapy and have published 4 books, and a number of hypnosis meditation type products and in between that i host my own aura tv channel on G+ youtube.

doens't seem so much when its typed up.. but my days are full., merry christmas to those who celebrate it and happy holidays to those who don't x

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky